What's new

Target & Proraso

Well, reason why people at the store don't know anything about the product-

a few possible explanations:

1) The majority of their time at work consists of stocking shelves from truck shipments, folding clothes, or restocking RTS (return to stock or returned/exchanged product).
2) new products/promotion/ and schematics are coming out so often in a large store like Target that knowing anything in particular about one specific product is near impossible, unless that employee goes about learning it on their own because they care.
3) Most employees don't care about learning, because they are paid $6.00 an hour or something close to minimum wage.

I remember when i worked in the Home Audio department at Best Buy. I had a lot of product knowledge, and often had repeat customers come in and ask for me; but only because I took time out of my personal life to learn. The only training that I received from Best Buy focused on the sales process, how to treat customers, and company policies. We would learn overall technologies of a given department (like what Surround Sound is or how a LCD TV was better than a CRT) but not specifics.
Those employees who took time to learn did so because they were interested in the subject, or wished to look smarter in the customers' eye. Remember- the only place that still pays commission is Fry's Electronics in the USA. So knowing all about your product even at Best Buy was considered a waste of time.
In today's day and age, the typical customer usually doesn’t even know what they are looking for. They wander into Target and travel down 80% of the aisles looking for stuff they "need". When they see the bright orange colors of the new Gillette Fusion, they remember the cool commercials and the marketing phrase "The Best a Man Can Get!" and throw the razor and gel into their cart.

Those who do know what they are looking for are people like me and you on this, and many other boards. We walk into Target knowing that we want Proraso Shaving Cream in the Green tube, because everyone says its' great and 'cools the face'. It just may be a problem if they don't think to look for it in somewhere other than the shaving aisle.

So what I’m saying is that the internet may have even created customers like us- ones that know more about the product than the actual employees of a large store like Target. This is great news to retailers: they don't have to pay for their employees to be trained as much. Pay them just enough to work during High School or College restocking the aisles and ringing people up at the register. In 3-6 months, most of the people will quit or be fired anyway.

And to those who are not informed before walking into a store: good luck. Prepare to be 'Sold.' I remember when I worked various sales positions and customers would come in and say things like: " I want Surround Sound. I want those tiny speakers that sound HUGE!" And what i would be thinking was "And let me guess- you don't want to buy the Bose system you heard, so you'll settle for some system costing $300, and then complain to me in a week when they sound SMALL after you put all 5 speakers on top of your TV."

sorry for the long explanation, but the simple answer: they don’t care. :biggrin:

I received an email from Target this evening. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your suggestion that Target should keep Proraso products in the shaving section in our stores.

I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience you may have experienced due to the locations of the items. I really appreciate your feedback, because it helps us learn more about what our guests want and need. I will make sure to share your suggestion with our Store Operations Team.

Have questions or want more information? Give us a call at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Albert
Target Guest Relations

My local Target said they would locate the Proraso and get it in my store if I could locate the following information:

DPCI (Department, Class and Item) number. You can find this nine-digit number on a price tag or shelf label at the store. If you've bought the item before, you can also find the DPCI on your receipt; or
-A Universal Product Code, also known as a UPC or barcode. You can find this 12-digit number on the item packaging.

If anyone has some Proraso purchased at Target, or can get some, please post the DPCI or the UPC so that my local Target can track the Proraso.

Thanks.

Mike

I'm assuming you've looked in the ever elusive "Spa" section. Sometimes it's near the Health and Beauty section, but I found it in the Women's accessories section at one Target. I've found Proraso at 6 Targets now in the Midwest.

I only have the UPC for the Shaving Soap: 4 90370 52224 8 - I hope that helps!

The UPC for the "Pre Shaving Cream" is: 4 90370 52223 1
and the the green tube of "Shaving Cream" is: 4 90370 52222 4
I hope that helps, good luck!
-Jeremiah

Just sent an e-mail to the fine people at Target. Just simple and polite, thanking them for carrying the Prorsao line, and encouraging them to continue doing so in the future.

Top Bottom