What's new

Talk me out of buying a GW690iii

The cost is not the problem. The fixed lens is not the problem. The problem is the practicality. I just don’t NEED another camera. But I want another camera. The Devil and Angel are at an impasse.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ok ill play from my perspective (just ended a buying binge) i say buy it
You can always sell it off later on.

Very true. If you don’t like it I would gladly take it off you hands.
The dual image size option is just very awesome.

I think I’ve made a mistake. I was under the impression you could select if you wanted to make the negatives a full 6x9 or not. But I think I’m wrong sorry!

I always wanted the wide angle lens version, the GSW690. I love 6x9 negatives but only have some old folders and box cameras in that format.

If you have a hankering for it I’m not going to talk you out of it.

Hi,

A Texas Leica! I haven't thought of those in a while. I always rather wanted one myself. Just as I did a Pentax 6x7. I mean going back decades.

I finally did get a 6x7 a couple months back. Now I have to make up a B&W darkroom. That'll be a Winter Project. I have the perfect place: the bathroom that's upstairs over my workshop where my ham station is. No windows and I can make a darkroom bench over top the bathtub that never gets used anyway.

I finally bought a 6x7 because I got a Pentax 645D digital medium format and that will use the 6x7 lenses via an adapter. So, I got a couple 6x7 lenses for that and figured I might as well get a 6x7 body to go with. ;)

Stan

Top Bottom