What's new

Taking a break from ATG

So, basically I know I'm able to shave ATG irritation free when using right gear and technique. But there was a time when I messed up and had some irritation on my neck and after that all my further shaves were giving me irritation.
Could it be that my skin hasn't quite healed even though I thought it did?
And would taking a break from ATG negatively impact my ATG technique in any way?

Give it a couple days of no shave if possible. It will be back to normal by then. Stretching makes a big difference when it comes to ATG on the neck.

If you have irritated skin, try one of the (baby) creams that contain zinc.
Apply it in the evening before going to bed (they have a whitish colour that you may not want to display during the day) and let it work overnight. I find that it speeds up the healing process and does wonders for small skin rashes (e.g. from sports).

You might say that what is good for a baby’s bum also works great on a shavers face. :sneaky2:

Regarding the WTG, XTG and ATG, to me this is a theoretical concept and not something anyone should become beholden to.
I use a 2½ pass shave (the ½ pass is the touch-up on my yaw line) and while the first pass is predominantly WTG and the second predominantly ATG, all passes have a certain amount of XTG.
Over time everybody adapts his shave to what works best and with the way my whiskers grow this is what works for me.

B.

Top Bottom