What's new

TacoZilla!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I Want One! :)

Last edited:
Nah, I keep looking at a 24 1/2 foot fifth wheel, as that is the smallest size with the features I want. I had a 26' travel trailer, but sold it when the kids were going back and forth to part time jobs during camping trips. However, it does look like a nice unit. Nothing better than spending time out in the woods. We only spend time inside a unit when it is raining.

OkieStubble

Nah, I keep looking at a 24 1/2 foot fifth wheel, as that is the smallest size with the features I want. I had a 26' travel trailer, but sold it when the kids were going back and forth to part time jobs during camping trips. However, it does look like a nice unit. Nothing better than spending time out in the woods. We only spend time inside a unit when it is raining.

During the summer, the wife and I rented a 32ft Class C and took a couple of the Grandkids to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Then we rented a 26 footer on a trip to mount Rushmore. Had a blast, but we realized a full sized is:

1. Not as mobile and versatile as we would have wanted.

2. A bigger commitment in keep and maintenance then we want.

A full sized RV, is a great base camp, if you have another vehicle in tow. But something smaller and off road worthy like the Tacozilla, could actually be a multi-purposed vehicle . We also travelled by car this year, to visit the statue of liberty in NY and visited the National Mall in DC on the way back. I could see where the compact size of the Tacozilla, could have possibly saved us some money on overnight hotel stays. The prices of putting bigger RV's into a space at an RV park and then towing a smaller vehicle behind it really add up.

If it's a quick weekend campping trip? The Tacozilla is the perfect size. If your spending a whole week somewhere across the country from where you live? Rent a airbnb close to your destination and sleep in the Tacozilla on the way there and on the way back. It's small enough to stealth camp in just about any normal parking space.

I would jump on one of those like a fat girl on free pizza. Sadly, a vast amount of my assets are going into a new house…or at this time, a large hole in the ground.
276F5887-3961-4A61-BD2B-04869D557637.jpeg

During the summer, the wife and I rented a 32ft Class C and took a couple of the Grandkids to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Then we rented a 26 footer on a trip to mount Rushmore. Had a blast, but we realized a full sized is:

1. Not as mobile and versatile as we would have wanted.

2. A bigger commitment in keep and maintenance then we want.

A full sized RV, is a great base camp, if you have another vehicle in tow. But something smaller and off road worthy like the Tacozilla, could actually be a multi-purposed vehicle . We also travelled by car this year, to visit the statue of liberty in NY and visited the National Mall in DC on the way back. I could see where the compact size of the Tacozilla, could have possibly saved us some money on overnight hotel stays. The prices of putting bigger RV's into a space at an RV park and then towing a smaller vehicle behind it really add up.

If it's a quick weekend campping trip? The Tacozilla is the perfect size. If your spending a whole week somewhere across the country from where you live? Rent a airbnb close to your destination and sleep in the Tacozilla on the way there and on the way back. It's small enough to stealth camp in just about any normal parking space.
I don't disagree with you. We keep looking for something no bigger than 25' for a fifth wheel and no bigger than 21-23' for a travel trailer. However, I am starting to think that we might be want to at least take a look at these. We don't spend time inside the camper unless we are sleeping.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
What is Toyota asking for that vehicle? I'm amazed at how much they fit into it. Looks like it would be much easier to drive than a Winnebago.

One other thing...in the video of the link...are those lyrics or ???.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like to, sadly I doubt if we will see them out there in Australia. I hope that I am wrong though.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

"Toyota isn't planning to put it into production, but with the increasing popularity of overland off-road driving and the #vanlife movement, it seems like the right vehicle at the right time."

😑 Dang.

AA

OkieStubble

"Toyota isn't planning to put it into production, but with the increasing popularity of overland off-road driving and the #vanlife movement, it seems like the right vehicle at the right time."

😑 Dang.

AA

“Isn’t planning” is just a phrase in the automobile industry. The whole reason they built that concept in such detail in the first place is to see how much reaction they get from it.

For years, Jeep kept putting out their Grand Cherokee Trailhawk concepts with know intentions on building one and then they began producing because of popular demand.

So yeah, it all depends on how much public interest is stirred up by the Tacozilla.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just saw one of the originals from the 80's on Friday drive past me when I was stopped at an intersection. Looked like it was in great condition. Same decals as the new concept!

Top Bottom