What's new

Tabactober 2019

Well, last night’s shave was nice, smooth, and comfortable.

Tabac
Rockwell 6s (R3)
Gillette Nacet (8)
Paragon Shaving 28mm Plisson

BFC7265D-6366-4296-9643-11CE31266360.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20191009

Pre-shave: Wash face with Neutrogena
Brush: OMEGA Premium Pure Bristle
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gillette Hybrid Tech, Timeless Handle
Blade: Kai (2)
Post-shave: Thai Alum
Aftershave Balm: CeraVe
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Tabac is wonderful - just keeps performing at a very high level.

This evening’s shave was another comfortable and uneventful shave. Tabac really is a superior product in my estimation!

Tabac
Rockwell 6s (R3)
Gillette Nacet (9)

4F9B69EF-F08C-43A6-904C-B0CE8FD7BA27.jpeg

No pictures today, but since I was trying out a new (to me) razor this morning, it had to be Tabac. Consistently rich, slick, protective lather that allows for a gentle introduction to new hardware. Just gotta love this stuff!

GEM 1912 (carbon x3)
Tabac
Omega 636

Tabactober shave #8
Merkur 41C + US Personna Blue (2)
Face lather with Muhle XL and Tabac Original. 3 passes + touch ups to DFS+. No issues. This combo continues to perform.

I couldn’t agree more! The Rockwell on 3 or 4 with Tabac has become my daily shave. How do you find that the Game Changer compares to the 6s/6c? I’ve been very interested in picking one up, but the 6s is an amazing razor... would the GC actually be an improvement?
Sorry to not get back to you till today, but in comparison, the GC with the .84 plate is like a 5/6 compared to the Rockwell 6C, and easier under the nose, but, much like plate 6, you have to pay more attention or you'll get weepers. It's a great razor, a tad more attention has to be paid to what you are doing. The .68 is between plate 3/4 to me, but I prefer the 6C on 5 more. Of my favorite razors, I'd rank the GC .84 #1, the Merkur Progress #2, and the Rockwell on plate 5 as #3. Very close though.

proxy.php

I absolutely love the combination of the Grooming Department preshave and Tabac. Haven't shaved with my Merkur 34c in a while, and it always impresses me with a super comfortable shave. I was surprised the shave was as smooth as it was, because this was the ninth use of the Persona Crystal blade.

Hate the Tabac name, not exactly crazy about the fragrance, but used Tabac Original with my Merker Futur for the first time this week and am blown away with the performance. Amazing cloud of slick soapiness. Definitely my new all time favourite shaving soap. Truly excellent.

Sorry to not get back to you till today, but in comparison, the GC with the .84 plate is like a 5/6 compared to the Rockwell 6C, and easier under the nose, but, much like plate 6, you have to pay more attention or you'll get weepers. It's a great razor, a tad more attention has to be paid to what you are doing. The .68 is between plate 3/4 to me, but I prefer the 6C on 5 more. Of my favorite razors, I'd rank the GC .84 #1, the Merkur Progress #2, and the Rockwell on plate 5 as #3. Very close though.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the comparison!

Hate the Tabac name, not exactly crazy about the fragrance, but used Tabac Original with my Merker Futur for the first time this week and am blown away with the performance. Amazing cloud of slick soapiness. Definitely my new all time favourite shaving soap. Truly excellent.

Yes, I was not fan of the scent of the Tabac Original on the first try. I needed quite some time to get used to it. There are definitely better scented shaving soaps. On the performance side however, this soap is amazing, super easy to lather and it always rewards me with a slick, protective lather in no time at all.

SOTD
  • Tabac
  • Maggards 24mm Synthetic
  • Thin-cap Old Type on '45 Ball End Tech Handle
  • Nacet (8)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Gentlemen's Grooming Black Pepper & Thistle ASP
  • Vintage Avon Moonwind Cologne (as AS)

I agree with all your points Dominique. Strangely the name put me off, I have close personal family reasons to hate tobacco. However once I realised the product doesn't actually contain tobacco, I'm relaxed about it and the fragrance is OK. The performance is just outstanding, the best I have ever used. I have been experimenting with loading my brush with lower and lower quantities of soap, but still have layer after layer of slippery foam for 3+ passes. Love it.

Tabactober the 10th

Razor-Custom 1/4 hollow one piece (5160 spring steel)
Brush-Custom Ultem Boar
Soap-TABAC
Scuttle-custom small (cannot remember maker apologies)
After-GJ alum then homebrew post shave oil
Results-BBS!!
IMG_20191010_210152__01.jpg

Today was another great shave, but it may be time to change my blade soon... I’m still trying to get a handle on how many shaves I can comfortably get from a Nacet.

Tabac
Rockwell 6s (R3)
Gillette Nacet (10)

635AB3FA-075E-470A-A02C-D59ECC0E8F55.jpeg

Top Bottom