What's new

Tabac

Not me. I get a slight irritation from some citrusy soaps, but I never had any kind of irritation from Tabac.

Thanks for that! Citrus soaps are a major irritant for me so it is good to know that info. I will likely try the Tabac at some point as my preference is definitely for traditional stuff overall.

AFAIK, Dreiring was last owned by the (now defunct) Kappus Group, and I don't believe Tabac was ever made at the Krefeld (Dreiring) factory.
By the by, per the packaging, Fine was made in the Netherlands.

AFAIK, Dreiring was last owned by the (now defunct) Kappus Group, and I don't believe Tabac was ever made at the Krefeld (Dreiring) factory.
By the by, per the packaging, Fine was made in the Netherlands.
Fine was initially made in Holland. It was eventually made in Germany. Here is the info on Dreiring. You might be right about Tabac not being made in that factory..

I have tried most of the big traditional soaps and creams but I have never tried Tabac. My fear is that very perfumed creams/soaps can give me irritation. Anyone ever experienced this with Tabac?
I get psoriosis and a lot of scents irritate my skin never had a problem with tabac.YMMV

I don’t want hijack the topic but, on a reckless moment I bought about 10 refills (tabac). I don’t know I just felt like that one day it will not be available.

How do you preserve the scent for long time? I know the quality last for many years but how about the scent. Again I am sorry I just didn’t want to start a thread all over again about tabac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My first love for Tabac started when I walked in to an antique shop and picked up a Tabac stick which was "made in west Germany" and had a strong tabac scent. This was sometime in 2006.

Even today I rarely use it to preserve it like a sevenier and use the modern soap. However it has the same strong scent as the day it was manufactured.

I store it in a closet drawer where its out of sunlight and moisture.

Just curious why you wouldn't freeze them? Not trying to start an argument just wanting to learn given that one of the common things to do to make a Cella brick last is to freeze it.
I'm not sure that freezing would be detrimental to a Tabac shave stick, but if it is, it cannot be undone by thawing.

When water is trapped in an emulsion, it can still change to a solid, or crystallise, below the freezing point. This can disrupt the molecular structure of the emulsion, possibly breaking it down. And water isn't the only ingredient that can freeze into a solid and crystallise, thus detaching itself from an emulsion.

Upon thawing, it may not behave the same or perform as well.
The water content may "sweat" out of the stick; the fats may congeal together into larger, visible particles; it may not even smell the same.

Modern soaps can be quite sophisticated. Their scents are often wholly or partially synthetically derived. Their ingredients are held in a chemically-induced suspension or emulsion, each ingredient with a role to play, some dependent upon being chemically bonded to others to work right.

Cold is generally known to retard spoilage of organic or natural ingredients, not necessarily true of chemicals or synthetics.
And changing the state of any material from gas to liquid, or from liquid to solid introduces increased uncertainty as to how that material will behave in combination or solution (chemical bonding) with others; doubly so when the process is reversed.

So, even without knowing with certainty that freezing is detrimental, I perceive the risk to be high, and thus advocate refrigeration but not freezing of colognes, after-shaves, oils, liquid-, cream-, or solid- soaps...even Cella.

Well, i have :
*Tabac Shaving soap
*Tabac stick
*Tabac Shaving cream
*Tabac Aftershave lotion/Splash
*Tabac Aftershave balm
*Tabac Body spray
*Tabac Roll-on deodorant
*Tabac stick deodorant
*Tabac spray deodorant
*Tabac EDC Spray
*Tabac EDT spray