What's new

Tabac

I’m guessing there’s a thread about this somewhere, but does anyone have any comments on the scent of the aftershave? Does it smell like the soap or are there any differences?

I’m guessing there’s a thread about this somewhere, but does anyone have any comments on the scent of the aftershave? Does it smell like the soap or are there any differences?
I have both.
They are essentially the same scent.
If there is any difference in the fragrance formulations, I cannot detect it.

Last edited:
I came across some Tabac 150gm pucks of bath soap yesterday and could not resist
picking up 5 bars.

My first outing with Tabac so I'll see firsthand what people mean when they talk about the unique smell.

I got a whiff of something musky/soapy when I sniffed the soap...overall quite pleasing.

Last edited:
This morning I used my Tabac stick, first to wash my face and throat, then as my actual shave soap. The (in)famous scent has pretty much faded; I get a tiny whiff of it when I first remove the cap, but not much after that. It just lathers and performs as a soap should.

I don’t want hijack the topic but, on a reckless moment I bought about 10 refills (tabac). I don’t know I just felt like that one day it will not be available.

How do you preserve the scent for long time? I know the quality last for many years but how about the scent. Again I am sorry I just didn’t want to start a thread all over again about tabac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bet your glad you got those 10 refills now hey :)

i went and purchased the AS, only to come home and realise i was given the cologne.. not a bad deal cos the cologne was more expensive and i got it at the cost of the AS. The scent on the cologne was much nicer than the soap. I dont mind the soap scent at all but didnt love it, but once i took a wiff off the cologne i went back and bought the AS.

To me the scent of cologne and AS is basically the same as the soap but without the 'soapy' bit. so to me it is sharper and more defined and much nicer.. i love it

This last year I’ve been buying nothing and using all my soaps up until I actually needed to buy one.
The last one to run out was my jar of Tabac. There was a few shaves worth left in the jar so I bought a Tub of Trumpers shave cream and have been using that for the last 2 weeks.
But today I thought I’d give the Tabac a use since it would soon be gone.
I have to say I prefer using soaps to cream. With creams I grab a fingerful, then rub it into my beard then face lather but I prefer loading the soap into the brush and face lathering. It’s less messy and I feel I can control the water content easier.
Anyway i soon made a brilliant lather with the Tabac and started my shave.
This stuff is much better than the Trumper I’ve been using for the last few weeks.
I’d go so far as to say it’s the best soap I’ve ever used and this was just from the dregs of a ring of death in the bottom of the jar. The lather is just brilliant. I’d intended not to rebuy it once finished, I only want to own one soap at a time from now on but today has thrown a spanner into the works as now want that one soap to be Tabac.

This last year I’ve been buying nothing and using all my soaps up until I actually needed to buy one.
The last one to run out was my jar of Tabac. There was a few shaves worth left in the jar so I bought a Tub of Trumpers shave cream and have been using that for the last 2 weeks.
But today I thought I’d give the Tabac a use since it would soon be gone.
I have to say I prefer using soaps to cream. With creams I grab a fingerful, then rub it into my beard then face lather but I prefer loading the soap into the brush and face lathering. It’s less messy and I feel I can control the water content easier.
Anyway i soon made a brilliant lather with the Tabac and started my shave.
This stuff is much better than the Trumper I’ve been using for the last few weeks.
I’d go so far as to say it’s the best soap I’ve ever used and this was just from the dregs of a ring of death in the bottom of the jar. The lather is just brilliant. I’d intended not to rebuy it once finished, I only want to own one soap at a time from now on but today has thrown a spanner into the works as now want that one soap to be Tabac.
You heard about the new tallow free formula, right?

No I hadn’t heard, have you tried it?
Only a test lather but there are a couple of threads around. Beside the arguments on performance it has a slightly different scent so I’ll stick with the old tallow one.

Thanks I’ll have a read through. I hope they haven’t messed it up it’s a real gem.
I just this minute read a book with my daughter called. ‘Daves Cave’ about a caveman who goes out looking for a new cave. It makes him realise how great his own cave is. It seems I’ve had this journey with Tabac. I just hope my ‘cave’ still exists.

Thanks I’ll have a read through. I hope they haven’t messed it up it’s a real gem.
I just this minute read a book with my daughter called. ‘Daves Cave’ about a caveman who goes out looking for a new cave. It makes him realise how great his own cave is. It seems I’ve had this journey with Tabac. I just hope my ‘cave’ still exists.
Every easy source is by now cleaned out of tallow Tabac maybe you can find something in a sleepy brick and mortar shop. Best would be to get a new stick and see for yourself how you like it. I haven’t looked at the secondary market but would guess that you have to pay premium for the old version if still available.

I just started using it and all I can say is WOW!
20211228_131021.jpg

Top Bottom