What's new

Tabac Soap

Anyone have a problem with their Tabac soap drying out and cracking? Almost seems like the soap shrinks as it loses its moisture.

Is this typical for soaps if they are left for a day or so?

Usually letting the soap soak while I'm showering softens the soap so I can mold it and fill the cracks.

Just wondering.

Anyone have a problem with their Tabac soap drying out and cracking? Almost seems like the soap shrinks as it loses its moisture.

Is this typical for soaps if they are left for a day or so?

Usually letting the soap soak while I'm showering softens the soap so I can mold it and fill the cracks.

Just wondering.

I've seen regular soaps shrink a little, but as you mentioned just add a little water and it will return to it's natural glory. Now I just need to get myself some Tabac. With all the amazing reviews on here, I'm very curious to try it out. :biggrin:

I have milled most of my soaps, so I don't normally see any cracking. Out of the triple milled soaps that I have not milled (DR Harris, MWF, and Tabac) only the DR Harris soaps have not shown any cracking.

mine also cracked on the top, it seems to be a product of the soap soaking up some water and then drying out, i just press it down a bit with my thumb to recompress the soap if i find the cracks bothering, which i usualy dont,

Top Bottom