What's new

Tabac Soap newbie

I am about to try my 1st soap , and after ploughing through a ton of threads and posts on B&B, I have E-bayed myself a bowl of Tabac :001_smile.
I hope to have it by tomorrow to give it a go , by then i will have a nice 2 days growth i can unleash it's soapy latheryness on .
I have been using shaving cream up until now to get a lather, I am looking forward to a change of product that i can rotate with, as Tabac is getting the thumbs up by almost everyone here I opted for it .
I will let you know how i get on when it arrives :biggrin1:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
You will definitely enjoy Tabac's latering capabilities as it is one of the best soaps out there.

If you are not familiar with Tabac's scent, hopefully it is one you enjoy as it is not for everyone although I do enjoy it.

You'll love it's rich, tallowy slickness. Afterwards your skin will feel like it's been treated.

Like all scented soaps, the scent will soften with time. IMO, I like the scent.

Hands down it is my favorite ! The smell when I 1st thought of buying it ..well after reading how bad the smell was, I was asking myself will this be a mistake that Ill pass on to someone else, the smell in my opinion is its FABULOUS!! Even my wife who has a very fussey nose like it ! Please post whether your experience is a good one or no so good !
Enjoy Your Shave !

I had my first shave with Tabac last night and all I can say is you're in for quite a treat. The lathering was effortless. I only had to load the brush for like 10 secs and it was practically trying to jump onto my face to finish the job. Very slick, too. The smell is quite nice. Not some overpowering stench like some threads may lead one to believe.

Hands down it is my favorite ! The smell when I 1st thought of buying it ..well after reading how bad the smell was, I was asking myself will this be a mistake that Ill pass on to someone else, the smell in my opinion is its FABULOUS!! Even my wife who has a very fussey nose like it ! Please post whether your experience is a good one or no so good !
Enjoy Your Shave !

I had my first shave with Tabac last night and all I can say is you're in for quite a treat. The lathering was effortless. I only had to load the brush for like 10 secs and it was practically trying to jump onto my face to finish the job. Very slick, too. The smell is quite nice. Not some overpowering stench like some threads may lead one to believe.

I can't wait to give it a go , rest assured i will post my thoughts on the scent ,lathering etc over the weekend .

Have to agree. For a newbe soap Tabac and I would suggest Cella can't be beat. Seems like as long as you don't use way too much water they lather like crazy and give a good shave. Very forgiving, but the scent... We have seen though that before. I still use it if that gives you any idea how it performs.
Aaron

I can't wait to give it a go , rest assured i will post my thoughts on the scent ,lathering etc over the weekend .

Do it, but don't believe the people that say they only load for 3 swirls and get enough lather to shave the whole body 5 times. Load for a full minute (you can load less later, after you get the hang of it) so you can see it's full potential.

Do it, but don't believe the people that say they only load for 3 swirls and get enough lather to shave the whole body 5 times. Load for a full minute (you can load less later, after you get the hang of it) so you can see it's full potential.

Thanks for the tip:thumbup1:

I bought a tabac after shave balm a while back and on "first whiff" (that's a technical term btw) I hated it. I was devastated that I'd spent money on it. But ... I came back to it, applied it post shave and now love the smell. Definately a grower!

I really want to try Tabac one of these days. I can't spend any more money this year that isn't bills or Christmas presents, but next year I WILL get at least a sample of this stuff.

Top Bottom