What's new

Tabac shave , 1st time

the soap loaded up very nicely and quickly, post shave feels great, I was instantly in love with the scent, I do not have the aftershave so i used razo rorck tuscan oud.

Should i get the aftershave?
great first time shave with this soap, definitely a keeper
thanks

I have never used it but I would say yes go for it then report back. [emoji1417][emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If you love the soap, you’ll also love the aftershave. Other than Clubman Vanilla, Tabac aftershave is the only one I own. Good stuff!

It's funny because many don't care for the scent. I didn't think my girlfriend would like the Tabac, so I never showed it off to her like I do with all my other new soaps. Then, one night i was cleaning up after my shave (on week days I usually shave at night, as I work second shift and only shower after work), my girlfriend walked up and said "hmmmm, that smells good". I explained what Tabac is, how many don't like it, and that I didn't have the AS that pairs with it. She made me use my Lubriderm Post shave lotion, so that I didn't cover the Tabac scent with a non-matching AS lol. I will be getting the AS soon, and I would kindly suggest you do the same

Yes, get the aftershave, cologne, etc.

It is my top soap, always a great lather, and a wonderful scent.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great soap that never disappoints! Get the aftershave and the Eau de Cologne.

The splash is a harsh synthetic lavender with no tobacco note. It's not floral as some reviews say.

You can do better than Tabac's splash. There is no shortage of soap brands/makers offering splashes and balms with a tobacco note.

I have the aftershave balm and love that. Smells just like the soap and is very soothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Curious about trying the soap. The AS doesn't do it for me. Very floral. Veg scent. And I can't stand the veg.

Soap scent isn't much different than the AS. It doesn't last long at all on it's own.

First time I've heard Tabac compared to Lilac Vegetal. Tabac is definitely floral but I don't get any Lilac Vegital in it.

To my nose it's not a winter scent, yet many believe it's the perfect cold weather scent. I see it as a 8-9 month scent and I live on Long Island, NY. Go figure. Another case of YMMV.

Yes, get the aftershave, cologne, etc.

It is my top soap, always a great lather, and a wonderful scent.
Nothing goes better with Tabac except more Tabac.

It is definitely a scent for c-c-c-cold weather.
I don't break out my software until the Outside Temp is under 40F.
Well below freezing is an even better time enjoy Tabac Original.

Despite what you might say to describe the Tabac scent,
Here is what the say about themselves.
TABAC ORIGINAL

What you need is
  1. Tabac shaving soap
  2. Tabac Aftershave
  3. Tabac EdT (not the EdC you really want people to feel the scent)
  4. Tabac Shower gel
  5. Tabac Hair lotion dry
  6. Tabac Antiperspirant spray
That's what I use when I have a Tabac week
What you might want is:
  1. Tabac hair cream (very weak hold)
  2. Tabac body deodorant spray
Then you're all set to go. I kind of like Tabac.

Top Bottom