What's new

Tabac aftershave balm or splash?

I'm in the camp of people who like the smell of Tabac (wife like it too). I have the glass jar of soap, and I want to add an aftershave. Can you folks who use and like Tabac let me know which you prefer and why? And does the splash last all day?

Tabac haters need not reply.

I am a splash guy. I always have a backup jug (300ml) of Tabac splash. Haven’t tried the balm, but also use the bath gel, cologne, hair cream, shaving soap and deodorant (in the glass spray bottle). You can’t go wrong with the aftershave splash, which is among the mighty in retaining scent strength throughout the day.

I am a splash guy. I always have a backup jug (300ml) of Tabac splash. Haven’t tried the balm, but also use the bath gel, cologne, hair cream, shaving soap and deodorant (in the glass spray bottle). You can’t go wrong with the aftershave splash, which is among the mighty in retaining scent strength throughout the day.
Someone really likes Tabac! Have you used he bath soap?

I use balms everyday and IMO they're really just lotions geared towards facial use. I also have both the Tabac A/S and balm. I use the A/S followed with the balm a few minutes later after the A/S has dried. If you wanted the scent of the A/S to hang around after using the balm you'd need to reapply another splash of the A/S.

Someone really likes Tabac! Have you used he bath soap?

I knew I was missing something. Yes, I’ve used a half dozen of the Tabac bath soaps, although I’m now settling into Stirling bath soaps. I loved the Tabac scent, but I enjoy the Stirling lather. In bath soaps. I haven’t tried Stirling shaving soaps.

I use balms everyday and IMO they're really just lotions geared towards facial use. I also have both the Tabac A/S and balm. I use the A/S followed with the balm a few minutes later after the A/S has dried. If you wanted the scent of the A/S to hang around after using the balm you'd need to reapply another splash of the A/S.
Got it. Seems like the splash is more than enough smell for the day

Ive used the splash and its good stuff. It smells just like the soap and comes in a cool, white glass bottle. Ive never used the balm but I have no reason to assume that its not good as well.

Every Tabac fan should have the Tabac splash. Its a great way to finish off a Tabac shave. I havent tried the Tabac balm though. I would guess it comes down to if you prefer a splash-on or a balm.

The splash is amazing and long lasting, never tried the balm, balms don't agree with my face, except the Nivea 2in1 which is great. I also use the shaving cream, shaving soap, hair cream and deodorant stick, i can recommend them all, but the soap is much better than the shaving cream.

I use both.

I have several sizes of Tabac lotion at home and for trips, but for trips with minimum baggage I take Tabac balm.

The aftershave lotion is more refreshing, but if I want to add some skin protection and don’t have my usual Nivea Body Milk around, I reach for the balm.
For trips by air, the small 75ml size of the balm makes it acceptable as carry-on on flights, protects the skin and at the same time replaces my usual Nivea Body Milk lotion.

In a nutshell;
if additional protection is required I use the balm,
if I just need an aftershave scent I use the lotion.

B.

Last edited:
Never tried the balm, but the splash is one of my absolute favorites. I don't know if it's that great for moisturizing or nourishment of the skin, but it sure smells good. In my experience, it's almost strong enough to be a cologne and lasts well into the day.

Top Bottom