What's new

T-Rexes (Rex Club)

SOTD: PAA StarCraft brush and Mysterium Serum, Rex Ambassador, Nacet blade, Barristers Reserve Lavander. Love using the Rex at 3 WTG and 2 ATG, easy mindless combo right here and great skin feel from the soap and balm.
01A63F96-504B-4D51-825F-4E9E248D6FDC.jpeg

Love this razor but I haven’t found The right blade and soap combo
Any help suggestions
Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently used the Rex Ambassador in the current pass around. I found that Astra SPs and Gillette 7 O'Clock blacks worked great at the lower settings that my face seemed to prefer (1-3).

I used Grooming Dept soaps. But I think any good, slick soap would work.

Even at 1 the Rex has a bit of blade gap, I find that 2.5 is around my preferred setting. I like Nacets and GSB blades in mine.

Love this razor but I haven’t found The right blade and soap combo
Any help suggestions
Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Though I have absolutely no experience with this razor but how do you expect anyone to suggest something without letting them know first what you've used that doesn't seem to be working for you? It would keep some from suggesting the same things you've been using...

I know that shave quality in general is dependent (in part) on having a good lather. But, who would want a razor whose performance was dependent on using the “right soap”?!

I think Reserve and Rex make a great combo. The Rex does not like to leave much slickness behind, but the super slick Reserve Base takes care of that. (Picture from a SOTD a few days ago)
C6656CF0-F234-481F-82B1-7E352C66AD8D.jpeg

As usual for most my razors, Polsilver and Perma Sharps seem to work the best. As for soaps, I've tried 4 different soaps and they all seem to work just fine. I do use a pre shave though.

Good looking set ups and pics @zed117. I’ve been neglecting my Rex as of late. Need to put some work in with it as it has always been a real fine shaver....

Thank you! Certainly one of my top favorite DE’s as well. Eagerly awaiting the 3 piece version in development. Hope to see some more SOTD’s around here.

Top Bottom