What's new

Switchback 400 vs. Razorock 400!!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cool, may have to get some to change out knots on my 400. Thanks
Do you have a method of gluing the knot?
I'm still trying to figure out if you glue the knot into the ferul why glue the bottom of the knot? I guess none of thus makes sense and maybe won't until I've got it in my hands.

Do you have a method of gluing the knot?
I'm still trying to figure out if you glue the knot into the ferul why glue the bottom of the knot? I guess none of thus makes sense and maybe won't until I've got it in my hands.
I saw your earlier question and understand your question. Without having in hand we can't tell if the sides will hold it well enough or if the cavity in the ferule is deep enough you could attach a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the ferrule and set the knot to the height you want letting the epoxy attach to the sides and basically extend to the bottom and create a bottom. the cardboard would keep it from dripping out. Hope this gives you some idea but again will be better able to know what you are dealing with when you get the ferrule and knot you are using in hand to dry fit and see. Look at a knot and you will see they are set in an epoxy or something that gives you a hard bottom and if the sides are a snug fit to the ferrule the will become glued to it. They aren't just hairs stuck together.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I saw your earlier question and understand your question. Without having in hand we can't tell if the sides will hold it well enough or if the cavity in the ferule is deep enough you could attach a piece of cardboard to the bottom of the ferrule and set the knot to the height you want letting the epoxy attach to the sides and basically extend to the bottom and create a bottom. the cardboard would keep it from dripping out. Hope this gives you some idea but again will be better able to know what you are dealing with when you get the ferrule and knot you are using in hand to dry fit and see. Look at a knot and you will see they are set in an epoxy or something that gives you a hard bottom and if the sides are a snug fit to the ferrule the will become glued to it. They aren't just hairs stuck together.
thanks for trying to explain it. it makes sense that the glue is on the sides but then Iam unclear as to the video on paa where he rubs the epoxy on the bottom side of the knot. sometimes I am just dense and I cant figure it out until I do so we shall see. thanks again

thanks for trying to explain it. it makes sense that the glue is on the sides but then Iam unclear as to the video on paa where he rubs the epoxy on the bottom side of the knot. sometimes I am just dense and I cant figure it out until I do so we shall see. thanks again
OK, just watched the video. He basically is just using the bottom to mix the 2 equal parts of the epoxy together and then push around the edges to secure it. The bottom just acted like a little platform to mix. It won't interfere with the screwing down as I'm sure there is an air gap left at least the thickness of the epoxy when threaded on.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
OK, just watched the video. He basically is just using the bottom to mix the 2 equal parts of the epoxy together and then push around the edges to secure it. The bottom just acted like a little platform to mix. It won't interfere with the screwing down as I'm sure there is an air gap left at least the thickness of the epoxy when threaded on.
that makes more sense actually as does letting it dry before screwing it together thanks for helping

Top Bottom