What's new

SV Saturday

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - May 13-19, 2024 🪒 🪒🪒

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SV Saturday

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Quiet Saturday afternoon around here. I turned to the Greencult 2.0 IV plate, a configuration that got me hooked, especially with a new Gillette Silver Blue. Semogue Pegasus Mistura is getting better and better, and it seems to have everything I expect in a brush, backbone, softness and above all a great lather maker. SV Desert Vetiver, with darker and smokier aromas of Guerlain's classic Vetiver, which is very reminiscent of Chanel Sycomore. To finish, Malizia Uomo AS.

With us, Dexter Gordon's magnificent tenor.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

D26EE7D0-6308-4C92-B2C4-FE85D485CAA2.jpeg
IMG_7028.jpeg

SV Saturday 18th May

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I used Cubebe for SV Saturday, and got the usual excellent bowl lather. The open comb Game Changer on its third day was still docile, although I got a hint of user error on my neck.

Two passes on my cheeks (skipping XTG) got as close as three passes with the safety bar.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240518_143511.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#139 of 366 remaining 227(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (1)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: Tabac
A/S: CK IN2U
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for SV Saturday I pulled out the Opuntia and after getting rid of the Sharpedge blade yesterday I switched to my last Gillette Blue 2 today. It is a long time since I used one of these so I don't know what to expect from it. If the results of tonight's BBS finish are anything to go by then it should be good at least for a few shaves.

Mike M

IMG_20240525_222548.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#146 of 366 remaining 220(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (8)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver
A/S: CK Davidoff Cool Water

Tonight for SV Saturday I rotated in Desert Vetiver and decided to lather it with the T3. Sometimes I forget how springy this brush is until I use it again and it certainly doesn't have the same luxurious feeling of my STF brushes. The shave was almost a BBS with just one tiny rough patch under one side of my jawline.

SV Saturday 25th May

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #4

I used Opuntia for SV Saturday, along with other known good kit. Got the usual excellent bowl-lather, for an easy near-BBS.

🪒 💈 🪒 💈 SOTD - “Matchy Matchy" Theme Week - May 27th to June 2nd, 2024 🪒 💈 🪒💈
High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Nice end of Saturday here. As I had a three-day beard, I opted for a deeper shave. Greencult 2.0 plate IV and Gillette Silver Blue (1) allowed me to debut perfectly at High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024. SV Desert Vetiver combines masterfully with the smoky vetiver notes of Chanel Sycomore. The mighty Pegasus Mistura has definitely become my favorite brush. Malizia Uomo pleasant as always.

With us, an album for the few, Ascension by John Coltrane.

❤️🪒

CA4BE729-0C63-49E6-817F-0FDA25F3135C.jpeg
IMG_7301.jpeg

Mike M

IMG_20240601_122718.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#153 of 366 remaining 213(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Blue 2 (15)
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy for Men

Tonight for SV Saturday with the fantastic weather we had today I thought it best to use 70th Anniversary with the Rocca set. I am so glad I did, it just felt like pure class from start to finish. Though it left my neck a little rough it was still a great result and unless I spend a little extra time cleaning up I think the Blue 2 blade is loosing its edge.

SV Saturday 1st June

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, Nacet #1

Loaded a fresh Nacet to start the month. I got the usual excellent bowl lather with SV Cubebe, for an easy near-BBS. The Nacet feels sharper than my usual Astras, but the Game Changer does a good job of taming it.

Mike M

IMG_20240608_221038.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#160 of 366 remaining 206(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Soap: SV Opuntia
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water

Tonight for SV Saturday Opuntia was my soap of choice and just for the sheer luxury I chose to use my Rocca set. I decided to bin the Blue 2 after 21 shaves as the shaves have been deteriorating even though I could probably have got a few more if I'd tried. I decided to change to the Perma Sharp as I only have 2 of those left. It was never my favourite blade but made a good job of leaving me with a BBS, so no complaints there.

🍎 🍑 🫐 🍓 🍇 🍊 🥦 🥕 SOTD - “Fruit and Veg Week”! June 3rd - 9th, 2024 🍎 🍑 🫐 🍓 🍇 🍊 🥦 🥕
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Cloudy but pleasant Saturday. I chose SV Manna di Sicilia a soap that I consider to have a classic, yet modern, Italian barbershop scent. Pairs perfectly with Floïd The Genuine. Continuing with High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024, I used, as is common on Saturdays, Greencult 2.0 IV, this time with a Gillette Nacet (2) and the mighty Pegasus Mistura. A perfect shave!

With us the incredible baritone sax of Serge Chaloff.

Have a nice Sunday and great shaves!
❤️🪒

AC1BFF37-F26E-4FCA-8292-B44FB68A36B8.jpeg
IMG_7430.jpeg

SV Saturday 8th June

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #1

Loaded an Astra for the second week. For SV Saturday, it was Opuntia's turn, and it didn't disappoint.

I didn't think my Nacet was bad on shave 7, but the fresh blade was a lot crisper. Got an excellent near-BBS.

💈 🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Brushes and I Cannot Lie” Theme Week - June 10th - June 16th, 2024 🐗 🦡 🐴 💈
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Beautiful evening here. Today, I started with the song, John Contrane’s Stardust. Then, SV Manna di Sicilia, the mighty Pegasus Mistura, Greencult 2.0 IV, brand new Gillette Silver Blue and Floïd The Genuine. At the moment of my death, I will remember this moment and smile with the certainty that life was worth it.

❤️🪒

DCE8272B-0ABA-4530-8070-1CD04659131A.jpeg
IMG_7554.jpeg

For today’s SV shave I used Argania. Which in my opinion is sublime and worthy of always keeping in the rotation.
Argania could also be the best performing SVs. Imho
On the razor, I’m rediscovering the Karve Overlander, which paired with a permasharp provided a flawless bbs experience.
The brush, the old and trusted rooney xl1.
IMG_9256.jpeg

Top Bottom