What's new

Supply 2.0 SE razor

I've been thinking of introducing my stepson to wet shaving. And, is it happens, he independently expressed interest in the Supply 2.0 single edge razor. While this isn't exactly a safety razor, you might describe it as being safety razor-adjacent. From what I've read about it, it provides a very mild shave, and is a good first step into "wet shaving*" for someone who's more accustomed to using a cartridge razor like the Harry's that Seth uses.

But, my main concern is cost: if we were to purchase refill blades from Supply, they would cost literally 100x as much as comparable DE blades. Owwie owwie owwie. So, that leads to a question: does this razor accept a standard injector blade, or would he be stuck with the expensive refills?

Thx,
-MO

* Why do we use the term "wet shaving" the way that we do? Isn't cartridge shaving also wet? Hell, can't you even use some electric shavers wet?

Pretty sure they take regular injector blades.

And just so you know, most people ret at least twice as many shaves from an injector blade than from a DE blade, so blade cost may mt be as big a factor as you think.

Another option in a similar style to consider could be the Leaf Twig razor. It uses regular DE blades snapped in half. I personally have never tried it, but there are plenty of reviews here.

The Supply 2.0 is a great starter razor, and yes it does take standard injector blades. Even at a $1 a blade it’s still cheaper than carts, they last roughly the same amount of time. BTW the Supply blades are really good, at least in my opinion.

If your step son has a course beard I would veer away from the Twig for face shaving. I have found that is has been engineered to have too much blade chatter with a flexible blade to be safe for me (with a coarse beard). I cannot vouch for the Supply, but the injector blades are much thicker, so have less flexible chatter.

I like my Supply SE. It uses standard injector blades, so you can get the Schicks on the yellow card or the Parker/Personna blades, both are cheaper. They also will give lots more shaves than DE blades, many folks get 8-14+ shaves per blade. So not as expensive as they might look and much cheaper than cartridges.

If you're going for a Supply razor, I'd recommend the newer/current Supply SE, the 2.0 is older and has been replaced by the SE. Also, if you buy from Supply, you get a 100-day guarantee.

Last edited:
Another Supply endorsement here. The razor is well constructed, well engineered, and most folks find it very intuitive to use. The Supply blades are excellent IMO, and 2 weeks of shaves on a single blade isn't a rarity for me at all.

I have a fleet of vintage and modern injectors with all kinds of bells and whistles to choose from. When I'm bleary eyed after the wife snores all night, and just want a damn shave with no fuss, it's the Supply that I reach for every time.

So... looks like the Major can give the following to Seth as a birthday present:

Supply Single Edge SE razor
Omega S-Brush
Cella Green Shaving Soap
Proraso Red Pre-shave

Note that he already has the Nivea Men Sensitive after shave balm that the Major would buy for him anyway.

Any recommended additions to the list?

Danke,
-MO

That's a great kit to start him out!

If you're looking for an inexpensive synthetic brush, I'd recommend any of the Razorock plissoft models. I have those and also the Omega s-brush and they are better. Of course there are a ton of inexpensive synthetic brushes, I just mention one.

That's a great kit to start him out!

If you're looking for an inexpensive synthetic brush, I'd recommend any of the Razorock plissoft models. I have those and also the Omega s-brush and they are better. Of course there are a ton of inexpensive synthetic brushes, I just mention one.

The Major picked that particular Omega brush b/c he has it, and believes that its backbone provides a gentle exfoliation that he finds useful. Given Seth's inevitable teenage skin, that could be quite beneficial in and of itself. Do the Razorock plissoft brushes provide a similar benefit?

-MO

The Major picked that particular Omega brush b/c he has it, and believes that its backbone provides a gentle exfoliation that he finds useful. Given Seth's inevitable teenage skin, that could be quite beneficial in and of itself. Do the Razorock plissoft brushes provide a similar benefit?

-MO

I probably shouldn't have said anything. Brushes, like all our shaving tools, are very personal. Get what you like, that is a wonderful way to bond with your stepson!

I probably shouldn't have said anything. Brushes, like all our shaving tools, are very personal. Get what you like, that is a wonderful way to bond with your stepson!

No worries. In all serious, how would you describe the Razorock Plissoft? Does it have decent backbone, like the Omega, or is it more of a softball?

Thx,
-MO

-MO
I gave my 16 year old son an Omega S brush and he loves it. my thought process was the same regarding skin issues and it seems to work well. I’ve asked if he’d like something different and he won’t even consider it.

No worries. In all serious, how would you describe the Razorock Plissoft? Does it have decent backbone, like the Omega, or is it more of a softball?

Thx,
-MO

It is entirely personal, but I don’t like the S brush in comparison. The Bruce and the Barber are both much more dense, are soft, but have enough backbone. They may so much more and better lather. Do I have the same Omega you are talking about?

Attachments

• IMG_3641.jpeg
    IMG_3641.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3642.jpeg
    IMG_3642.jpeg
    892.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
It is entirely personal, but I don’t like the S brush in comparison. The Bruce and the Barber are both much more dense, are soft, but have enough backbone. They may so much more and better lather. Do I have the same Omega you are talking about?
The Major has the S10019. You?

Top Bottom