What's new

Super lather is not for me

Perhaps I needed to use less cream, but for me I did not care for the super lather I made with D.R. Harris and Jack Black triple cushion. It was extremely thick and full, in fact, too much so. It seemed to clog my razor up pretty bad. And I used TONS of water. Of course, YMMV, but I won't be doing this again.

I find it works only if you use less cream than you normally do. My favorite cream for making super or uberlather is T&H Ultimate Comfort.

If you are using both soap and cream, you should be using less soap than you would use if loading soap alone, and ditto for the cream. I think the tendency is to go the opposite direction and use more of each.

I like to rub a shave stick of Arko directly on my face and super lather over the top with a snurdle of cream on my brush. I seem to get a nice ratio doing this. Do whatever works for you. It is your shave!

I quite possibly used too much of both. But truth be told, I like the lather of the soap alone just fine. I only tried the super lather because I was trying to use up the rest of my jack black. It's starting to look like that last bit my stay in my collection forever. I just don't really like it. And there's not enough there to be worth a PIF.

I quite possibly used too much of both. But truth be told, I like the lather of the soap alone just fine. I only tried the super lather because I was trying to use up the rest of my jack black. It's starting to look like that last bit my stay in my collection forever. I just don't really like it. And there's not enough there to be worth a PIF.

If you ever sell anything on B/S/T you can throw it in as a sample. I always love it when samples of stuff I havent tried are thrown in...

I like to rub a shave stick of Arko directly on my face and super lather over the top with a snurdle of cream on my brush. I seem to get a nice ratio doing this. Do whatever works for you. It is your shave!

This is what I do too, except I bowl-lather the cream first before face-lathering with the laden brush.

Top Bottom