What's new

Super Iridium and Polsilver Razor Blades

Probably legit. I mean there's always a chance someone could screw you over on eBay. But it seems like there's a lot of legit Iridiums coming out of Bulgaria. I bought legit blades from seller "gartbnx" previously, who ships from Bulgaria. We also have a member on this board, dcc, who sells directly and is also shipping from Bulgaria.

I just got some Polsilver Super Iridiums from dcc. Great price, good to deal with. You can find him in the Hobbyist Classifieds.

Found the on EBAY from bulgarian seller. Does anyone have info about genuineness and possible fakes of POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM?

My guess is that Bulgaria is one of the main markets for Polsilver SI. These blades are not sold in Russia and are for export only. It's even possible that one of the Seven O'Clocks is a rebranded PSI or vice versa. Since at last count at least 11 different blades were made by Gillette in Petersburg, it's likely that some of them are just rebrands.

+1 on the comment about dcc.
He is 100% legit and his prices beat anyone on the 'Bay.
I have bought from dcc 2 or 3 times.

If you want to buy vintage Polsilvers (made in the Polish factory), there is an eBay seller in Poland. It is kinda pointless, however, since the vintage blades and the modern ones are basically identical in how they perform.

Just got my Wizamet Polsilver Stainless blades from IE....I was kind of surprised to see 4 wax drops on the blade,since the genuine Wizamet blades in photo #3 are sans wax,I see it as questionable why the Wizamet Lodz factory would apply wax glue on one blade but not the other...

Attachments

• $IMG_0001.jpg
    $IMG_0001.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 231
  • $IMG_0003.jpg
    $IMG_0003.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 226
  • $IMG_0005.jpg
    $IMG_0005.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 225
  • $IMG_0007.jpg
    $IMG_0007.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 225
The first shave this morning was magnificent !!...What a smoooooth blade,flawless shave,now I will test longetivity.

Looks like "everything you could reasonably want to know about iridium blades". Very thorough. Thank you for informing us.
For what is so special about iridium in general, see Wikipedia "Iridium".

Nice review! I use the #2 in your review. I found a guy out of Chicago that had a nice stash, so I grabbed 200 packs :).

I love them!

Nice review, thanks :thumbup1:

I cant find the seller "dcc" on ebay so searching for others. Have found a UK based "gemstoneshaving", do you have any experience with this seller?

Another site is polsilver-blades.com (from Bulgaria), do you have any experience with this site?

dcc

I cant find the seller "dcc" on ebay so searching for others. Have found a UK based "gemstoneshaving", do you have any experience with this seller?

Another site is polsilver-blades.com (from Bulgaria), do you have any experience with this site?

This web site is mine,also.

Mate I buy from Gemstone here in the UK. He's a reliable seller.

I just received two ten blade tucks of the dark brown boxed Wizamet Polsilver blades. They came in today's mail. I hope they are as good as the Wizamet Super Iridium I tried recently. If they are I plan on taking Dr Awkwards words to heart, and scoring some of dcc's wares. This thread is very informative.

I just received two ten blade tucks of the dark brown boxed Wizamet Polsilver blades. They came in today's mail. I hope they are as good as the Wizamet Super Iridium I tried recently. If they are I plan on taking Dr Awkwards words to heart, and scoring some of dcc's wares. This thread is very informative.

The Wizamet Polsilver Stainless blades you just received have been OOP since late 2011. "dcc" doesn't sell them. They were a premium blade and I am confident you will enjoy them.

Great review. Thanks for taking the time.

I have been a fan of the Polsilver SI for years. I could live with the Gillette 7 OC Black or the Nacet, if forced, but the Polsilver SI has the very best combination of sharp and smooth for me.

If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of Congress?
― Will Rogers

Top Bottom