What's new

Summer soaps

I know this has been discussed before but I’m seeing if there are any new opinions out there. What’s you’re best cooling summer soaps by Artisians? I love the line that Peter Charkalis has, but unfortunately none of his soaps work are what I’m seeing when it’s 105 degrees in Texas or where I’m about to head overseas where it’s going to be in the 120? I’m talking mentholated kick your face leave you feeling cool soaps? All I can think of are the Stirling soaps.

Stirling Gin and tonic on the rocks or margaritas in the Arctic come to mind. Also chiseled face cryogen. Proraso Green isnt as cold, but still has some cooling menthol to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Catie’s Bubbles Mile High Menthol, Lisa’s Natural Florida Freeze, Eufros Lime Spices, Mickey Lee Paradise Frost, Mike’s Peppermint and Rosemary

Hands Down STERLING Soap Co.
It will Kick the TEXAS HEAT in the Lone Star A**. [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa’s Natural Florida Freeze is a good summer soap. If you want straight menthol, Fine Snakebite is great. I blend Snakebite with my non menthol soaps & creams and it works really well.

My number one vote would go to Fern Concerto by Holly Kaw. Another nice alternative is Stirling's Margaritas in the Attic.
Edited to add this: A&E recently released So Cal Hipster. It doesn't have any menthol but it's a very nice pineapple like scent.

I’ll give the WK fern Concerto a shot. I do usually pair an aftershave with whatever soap I use for a cooling sensation. My go to is Kramperts Frostbite. I’ve yet to try and Snakebite soaps or AS. As for Catie’s Bubbles, the soaps I’ve tried from them didn’t seem to do much for me as I’m more of a Tallow person. However, I’m hoping to snag their soap joined with Talbot tomorrow when it goes on sale. My go to soaps are the AE line and he’s releasing a Menthol soap that sounds amazing on the 25th, but by the time it makes it to me I’ll be deployed on the other side of the world so it would do me no good.

I have to be careful with WK soaps. Out of three I’ve tried only Fougere Bouquet doesn’t break me out of levae me feeeling itchy. I had the Fern rose scented one and Man from Mayfair and those two just didn’t agree with me.

I have to be careful with WK soaps. Out of three I’ve tried only Fougere Bouquet doesn’t break me out of levae me feeeling itchy. I had the Fern rose scented one and Man from Mayfair and those two just didn’t agree with me.
In that case I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Possibly not. But it sounds like a great scent. While I love using the one I do, something about the WK scents just don’t add up to me. Maybe i can try a sample from Maggards.

Sudsy Soapery's Lavender & Peppermint has a really nice cooling effect. This is probably going to be your best performing soap with a nice chill to it. It's a lot more peppermint than lavender.

I also like mixing half Stirling MITA together with half Stirling Cool for a cooler version of MITA. I've used their ultra high menthol soaps as well as the ones from other vendors as well.

The other thing you can do is get a nice cooling effect from some aftershaves. Osage Rub is great for this. WSP will also add menthol to any of their aftershaves for a couple bucks giving them a nice cooling effect. I'll sometimes go with a nice cooling aftershave and follow it with some Neutrogena After Shave Lotion as it moisturizes quite well and has an SPF built into it to protect me from the sun.

You can also buy menthol crystals and drop them into your aftershaves to make them even cooler if that's what you'd like to do.

+1 on the Stirling MITA, Eufros Lima Especias (which may be my new favorite mentholated soap), Lisa's Natural Florida Freeze and Mickey Lee Paradise Frost.

Stirling Iced Pineapple is also good as well as the soap I just got in the mail today - WhollyKaw Fern Concerto Mentholated. Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamot Neroli is a nice soap that fits well in summer - even though I don't think it's mentholated. I also hear that CRSW Limenthol is decent but I have not yet tried it personally.

In terms of aftershaves, Maol Grooming's Frosted Frankenlime is absolutely outstanding and refreshing.

Top Bottom