What's new

Summer so I'm thinking lime!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for doing CPR on this thread! I've been mixing Bergamot essential oil with different vintage Avon aftershave lotions (Tribute, Spicy, Bay Rum) and ending up with some really NICE summertime scents!
Interesting how do you mix? Small batch or single use to get the right formula. I briefly toyed with the idea of converting the limes cologne to as. On a different thread folks gave me different ideas and formulas but i.knew id just ruin everything so i got the as. I haven't added menthol crystals yet though. I bought Stirling liquid menthol drops but thetop of the bottle the dropper top broke off so i haven't used that stuff yet. The most i do is add menthol and adding glycerin to osage rub and lime sec has dramatically changed the product for the better.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I added about 5 drops in an ounce of aftershave, which was "okay" but ended up putting another 15 more in after a while and it really helped. Also: I did about 30 drops in some 3 ounces of store brand Old Spice that is really good for me year round.

I hate that "Ymmv" stuff, but you might want to start out by putting a drop of essential oil in your palm and a little aftershave to get an idea if it's anything you might like!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Gabels Drops of Lime is like taking the lid off a container of Lime Kool Aid powder mix and taking a deep whiff. It's a candy artificial lime scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Gabels Drops of Lime is like taking the lid off a container of Lime Kool Aid powder mix and taking a deep whiff. It's a candy artificial lime scent.
Interesting
Candy artificial in a good way? Hows the longevity?

Razorocks essential oil of limes is very nice, it packs a punch when you first put it on but sadly doesn’t last. I feel like citrus musk last a bit longer than lime sec but its not as limey. I’m going to order a full size bottle of citrus musk and add in some e.o lime and glycerin and see how that stands up. Ogallala bay rum limes and peppercorn is great but its not strictly lime. I like the idea of having a lime only a.s. but in order for it to last I’m afraid it needs other ingredients.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Razorocks essential oil of limes is very nice, it packs a punch when you first put it on but sadly doesn’t last. I feel like citrus musk last a bit longer than lime sec but its not as limey. I’m going to order a full size bottle of citrus musk and add in some e.o lime and glycerin and see how that stands up. Ogallala bay rum limes and peppercorn is great but its not strictly lime. I like the idea of having a lime only a.s. but in order for it to last I’m afraid it needs other ingredients.
I feel the same way on longevity
The trefitt hill lime cologne doesn't really have legs either im wondering if its related to limes
I haven't tried citrus musk yet hmmm
Wsp is pretty strong generally i like their citrus blast but again its not all lime

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I feel the same way on longevity
The trefitt hill lime cologne doesn't really have legs either im wondering if its related to limes
I haven't tried citrus musk yet hmmm
Wsp is pretty strong generally i like their citrus blast but again its not all lime
The nature of citrus is it's just plain short lived. I'm thinking any legs it has is by being a synthetic, or attached to something else, like whale vomit?

The nature of citrus is it's just plain short lived. I'm thinking any legs it has is by being a synthetic, or attached to something else, like whale vomit?
Also too Rhody.
I think the musk in citrus musk helps longevity. The glycerin which I usually add to clubman products helps staying power as well. Theres no scientific facts behind this, it just seems like adding the glycerin slows the evaporation of the alcohol and fragrance oils and keeps them around a bit longer.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i would need organic whale vomit. Thats harder to come by....
Also too Rhody.
I think the musk in citrus musk helps longevity. The glycerin which I usually add to clubman products helps staying power as well. Theres no scientific facts behind this, it just seems like adding the glycerin slows the evaporation of the alcohol and fragrance oils and keeps them around a bit longer.
Ive added glycerin to clubman products and was amazed at the boost in quality face feel. But i hadn't noticed longevity but wasn't really paying specific attention it does makes sense. ill give that a try and experiment.

Top Bottom