What's new

Summer so I'm thinking lime!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ok I tried TOBS Victorian Lime and can safely say it is the strongest and most potent lime cologne I've smelled along with Montale's Aromatic Lime. Over 6 hours of lime scent on my skin. I have no idea what they put in this stuff to make it last that long. Only issue is it's a splash bottle (but thankfully only comes out in tiny drops). So I just transferred 5 ml of it to a travel atomizer and use that.

View attachment 892240
what a cool bottle too

what a cool bottle too

Oh yes, here are my favourite lime colognes in order from first to third place:

1.) Montale's Aromatic Lime
2.) TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime
3.) Armani Acqua di Gio

And aftershaves:

1.) Stirling Lime
2.) Pinaud Bay Rum with added lime essential oil
3.) Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorns

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It is another year and time for more lime!
I have some Oleo
melonade & pucker on the way

anyone try either of these?

:)

Last edited:
how strong would you say the scent is and the longevity?
The scent is straight forward fresh lime with a slight cologne base. The scent is fleeting. 30 minutes maybe. I put some on my clothes for about 3 hour life. The application is old school burn. Post shave feel is superb. Value for price is very good. For a cheap lime shave I pair this with Gillette Foamy shave cream.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The scent is straight forward fresh lime with a slight cologne base. The scent is fleeting. 30 minutes maybe. I put some on my clothes for about 3 hour life. The application is old school burn. Post shave feel is superb. Value for price is very good. For a cheap lime shave I pair this with Gillette Foamy shave cream.
i see it about $13 on prime. Thats about on par with artisan stuff but its on my list. Ive been starting my summer buying spree now. Thanks for the info
Do try Maol Grooming Frankenlime. It smells great and performance is outstanding.
Another good one i haven't heard much about.
like gd the whole site is sold out

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Do try Maol Grooming Frankenlime. It smells great and performance is outstanding.
This stuff arrived and whoa its absolutely amazing out of the bottle! Wow
I haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it
MYRSOL - Agua de limon
A very old school lemon scent ( if that makes sense )

This one has been on my list. The price point makes me hesitate though i did sniff it in Pasteur pharmacy i remember not being blown away but i like the brand and its a might buy not a definite

I had a chance to compare Truefitt & Hill Cologne- West Indian Lime aftershave splash to Gabel's Drops of Lime. The Gabel's faired very well. The Truefitt has a floral base that was a little stronger. The lime scent was almost identical. I was very surprised.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a chance to compare Truefitt & Hill Cologne- West Indian Lime aftershave splash to Gabel's Drops of Lime. The Gabel's faired very well. The Truefitt has a floral base that was a little stronger. The lime scent was almost identical. I was very surprised.
Interesting
Ive avoided t&h because of the price point and i bought a ton of summer stuff
I dont think id like a floral base. Is it heavy? Does gabel have a floral base!

Interesting
Ive avoided t&h because of the price point and i bought a ton of summer stuff
I dont think id like a floral base. Is it heavy? Does gabel have a floral base!
Hello
The T&H floral base is stronger, but it is a nice citrus type. The T&H lime scent is just as fleeting as the Gabel's. The floral base of the T&H remains though. The Gabel's base is a cologne type that is very mild (low). The aftershave is alcohol type with a very soft after feel, no stickiness. I think that I'll get a tester spray bottle for the lime aftershave.

Top Bottom