What's new

Summer scents with longevity?

I have been going with 2-3 sprays. Maybe that's the ticket.

Havana is a summer scent--there's really no cold season in Cuba.

What's with the all caps? Someone angry in Denmark?

Also, 2% humidity here.

Capital letters only to stress what I wrote after each of the fragrances regarding longevity on my skin..........

And what makes you think Havana has ANYTHING to do with Cuba other than the name of the fragrance, Havana, which refers to Havana cigars and NOT Cuba.
Havana never was and never will be a summer scent - you got it all wrong pal. Tobacco scents can be used all year round, but you got to be kidding if you think Havana is a summer scent.
Tobacco scents along with leather scents are typical winter and fall scents - they are heavy, cloudy and potent - not something you find and link with summer scents. YMMV

Havana is a strong winter tobacco frag - NOT a summer fragrance, not even closely by 1/100000000 of ml is Havana a summer scent, no more than Hummer is a sportscar and Ferrari is a Jeep.

Last edited:
Here are some summer scents with good longevity:

YSL Kouros - all year round frag, great for summer too
All Issey Miakis, but you seem to dislike them, so....
Versace Pour Homme
Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Homme
Creed Virgin island Water
Bond No. 9 Chez Bond
Chrome Legend
Bvlgari Aqva
Bvlgari Aqva Marine
Chanel Bleu de Chanel
Armani Code Sport
Roadster de Cartier
Perry Ellis Red 360

Last edited:
Quorum for those florida summers

Quorum is one of my favorite all time tobacco frags - a typical winter/fall frag like Havana is.

To all you guys who name Havana and Quorum as 'Summer scent' what in gods name do you consider Winter/Fall frags then, just asking :001_rolle

And what makes you think Havana has ANYTHING to do with Cuba other than the name of the fragrance, Havana, which refers to Havana cigars and NOT Cuba.
Havana never was and never will be a summer scent - you got it all wrong pal. Tobacco scents can be used all year round, but you got to be kidding if you think Havana is a summer scent.
Tobacco scents along with leather scents are typical winter and fall scents - they are heavy, cloudy and potent - not something you find and link with summer scents. YMMV

Havana is a strong winter tobacco frag - NOT a summer fragrance, not even closely by 1/100000000 of ml is Havana a summer scent, no more than Hummer is a sportscar and Ferrari is a Jeep.

wow what's with the attitude...there's really no such thing as a summer or winter scent...people just sometimes prefer to wear heavy scents in winter and light scents in summer but you can wear any scent any time you want. And regarding havanna, yes it has tobacco but it is basically a fancy bay rum so is very appropriate to wear during the summer heat.

Also you're not one to argue about winter/summer scents when you list kouros as a summer scent! Don't get me wrong...I wore it last week when it was 90 degrees here but you REALLY have to be careful with the application when it's hot or you'll smell like your cat peed all over you before you left the house. So if you can wear kouros then you can definitely wear havana in the summer and since quorum is a fresh fougere like kouros then yes you could wear that in summer as well...

capital letters only to stress what i wrote after each of the fragrances regarding longevity on my skin..........

And what makes you think havana has anything to do with cuba other than the name of the fragrance, havana, which refers to havana cigars and not cuba.
Havana never was and never will be a summer scent - you got it all wrong pal. Tobacco scents can be used all year round, but you got to be kidding if you think havana is a summer scent.
Tobacco scents along with leather scents are typical winter and fall scents - they are heavy, cloudy and potent - not something you find and link with summer scents. Ymmv

havana is a strong winter tobacco frag - not a summer fragrance, not even closely by 1/100000000 of ml is havana a summer scent, no more than hummer is a sportscar and ferrari is a jeep.

i'm not kidding. I live in a place that actually has summer.

Capital letters only to stress what I wrote after each of the fragrances regarding longevity on my skin..........

Sorry, but you are sooooo wrong. Havana is a summer scent and it was designed to embody the feelings of the tropics. There is no cold weather in the tropics. The tropics are HOT. The original Aramis ad shows a man sitting on the balcony of what appears to be an old colonial building in Cuba. Also, most of the people on this board have indicated they ware it during the summer heat. You seem to be the lone soldier screaming it is a winter fragrance and for cold weather only.

wow what's with the attitude...there's really no such thing as a summer or winter scent...people just sometimes prefer to wear heavy scents in winter and light scents in summer but you can wear any scent any time you want. And regarding havanna, yes it has tobacco but it is basically a fancy bay rum so is very appropriate to wear during the summer heat.

Also you're not one to argue about winter/summer scents when you list kouros as a summer scent! Don't get me wrong...I wore it last week when it was 90 degrees here but you REALLY have to be careful with the application when it's hot or you'll smell like your cat peed all over you before you left the house. So if you can wear kouros then you can definitely wear havana in the summer and since quorum is a fresh fougere like kouros then yes you could wear that in summer as well...

Kouros is a potent frag, but has no heavy tobacco nor Leather in it. It's an aromatic fougere, Quorum is a spicy chypre, not a fougere.

i'm not kidding. I live in a place that actually has summer.

That's what I was wondering. Something rotten in Denmark?

I also get much more bay rum than tobacco from Havanna.

Sorry, but you are sooooo wrong. Havana is a summer scent and it was designed to embody the feelings of the tropics. There is no cold weather in the tropics. The tropics are HOT. The original Aramis ad shows a man sitting on the balcony of what appears to be an old colonial building in Cuba. Also, most of the people on this board have indicated they ware it during the summer heat. You seem to be the lone soldier screaming it is a winter fragrance and for cold weather only.

I just wonder - if you wear tobacco frags during the summer, what's left for the winter ?
Yes, you can wear any frag any time of the year - but if you talk about summer scents, and recommend heavy tobacco bay-rum scents, then let me hear your favorite winter frags : Acqua Di Gio & Creed Millesime Imperial ?!?
:lol:

Last edited:
I wear whatever I want, whenever I want...

I don't like Acqua Di Gio and do not wear it. However, I have met lots of guys who only own one bottle of cologne and that is it.....they wear it year round.

If you don't like the fact that Havana was designed for tropical and hot weather use, you should contact Aramis to voice your displeasure.

What is next? A tirade about wearing white after Labor Day? :jump:

Look - wear what you like, whenever you feel like it.
Sorry if I offended anybody and was rude.

Please accept my sincere apology !

To me Havana is in the same genre as Van Cleef & Arpel Pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Polo Green and Quorum - winter/fall frags.

Of course you can wear Millesime Imperial all year round , but to me it's a summer scent.
Havana is an awesome tobacco frag, that I wear in spring/fall & winter. It just not does work for me in Varmer weather.
YMMV !

But still looking to hear what you all wear during the winter, if heavy frags like Quorum and Havana is what you consider summer scents ?

Well, as I said, I wear what I want whenever I want. I don't know if I have any frags that I only wear in the winter. However, I don't like aquatics so it is not like I can switch to those once the weather heats up. This last winter, I wore Prada Amber quite a bit. It can be worn in the heat too though. It has been about 95 degrees here lately and I have been wearing Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge and Body Kouros the last several days. I would wear those in the winter as well.

Look - wear what you like, whenever you feel like it.
Sorry if I offended anybody and was rude.

Please accept my sincere apology !

To me Havana is in the same genre as Van Cleef & Arpel Pour Homme, Chanel Antaeus, Polo Green and Quorum - winter/fall frags.

Of course you can wear Millesime Imperial all year round , but to me it's a summer scent.
Havana is an awesome tobacco frag, that I wear in spring/fall & winter. It just not does work for me in Varmer weather.
YMMV !

But still looking to hear what you all wear during the winter, if heavy frags like Quorum and Havana is what you consider summer scents ?

Well, since you put it that way, I wear Quorum, Azarro, Versace. Wife likes Paul Sebastian and Chanel Egoiste Platinum, so sometimes those. Rive Gauche year-round.

Well, as I said, I wear what I want whenever I want. I don't know if I have any frags that I only wear in the winter. However, I don't like aquatics so it is not like I can switch to those once the weather heats up. This last winter, I wore Prada Amber quite a bit. It can be worn in the heat too though. It has been about 95 degrees here lately and I have been wearing Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge and Body Kouros the last several days. I would wear those in the winter as well.

I own 300+ fragrances, and while I do find aquatics a bit boring - I kind of like them, but only wear them from April to September.
You can wear a frag year round - no matter if it's heavy and cloying (apply less sprays) or light and fresh (apply more sprays) - but with that said I reach for my lighter fougères and aquatics like Bvlgari Aqva and Marine, Acqua Di Gio, Aqua Quorum, Malle Geranium, Creed Mi, Creed VIW, Creed SMW, Chanel Bleu, Polo Blue, Cool Water, Chrome Legend, Versace Eau Fraiche, YSL Live Jazz, Armani Code Sport & frags like that more during the summer and my heavier, spicy Cyphres, Gourmands & Orientals like Pure Havane, Havana, Opium, Frapin 1270, Pure Malt, La Nuit, Van Cleef Midnight in Paris EDP, Jaipur EDP, Malle Musc Ravageur, Tauer L'Air du Desert Maroccaine, Lutens Chergui, Lutens Ambre Sultan, Ford Tobacco Vanille, L'Occitane Eau des Baux, JPG Le Male, Rabanne 1 Million, Creed Royal English Leather, Creed Tabarome Imperial, Bond Silver Factory, Quorum Pour Homme, Bogart Pour Homme, Versace The Dreamer, Chanel Antaeus & frags like that more during the colder fall & winter months.

I then have a whole bunch of all season frags, which I wear mostly in fall and spring and on colder summer nights and they include YSL Body Kouros, YSL Kouros (a year round frag, neither heavy nor fresh - best of both world to me), Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Platinum (fresher frag, but not a summer frag per se), Chanel Allure Homme, YSL L'Homme, YSL L'Homme Libre, L'Occitane Eau Pour Homme, L'Occitane Badian Pour Homme, Terre D'Hermés EDT & PP, Creed GIT (a more elegant take on Cool Water and more Spring/Fall suited than Cool Water IMHO), Creed Aventus (great year round frag, but best in Spring and fall IMHO), Creed Royal Water, Creed SMW, Creed Himalaya, Paco Rabanne XS, Klein Eternity & frags like that.

Well, since you put it that way, I wear Quorum, Azarro, Versace. Wife likes Paul Sebastian and Chanel Egoiste Platinum, so sometimes those. Rive Gauche year-round.

What Versace is that ?

I own Versace Man, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Versace Pour Homme and Versace L'Homme - also own The Dreamer, all fine Versace frags IMHO ;)

What Versace is that ?

I own Versace Man, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Versace Pour Homme and Versace L'Homme - also own The Dreamer, all fine Versace frags IMHO ;)

L'Homme. I just received a sample of The Dreamer, and it smells floral to me which I'm not a big fan of. Also got a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver which I'm not sure about yet.

Ugh...I do not like The Dreamer either. It is so strong and cloying. I also do not like Guerlain Vetiver (I don't think I like any vetivers though).

Ugh...I do not like The Dreamer either. It is so strong and cloying. I also do not like Guerlain Vetiver (I don't think I like any vetivers though).

Jury's out on the Guerlain. I'm going to try it for a few days & will report back.

Top Bottom