What's new

Artisan soap scents and their inspirations

They're not great with emails. I think they finally responded via FB messenger. In late April, I ordered 2 sets and a soap and the shipping was 16.38 GBP (approx $20). But it could be more now with the price hikes that went into effect July 1st.
Between that and the cost in dollars, these do not seem to be in my future. You did not get hit with any customs type fees? Which did you get and how did you like them? Feel free to PM if you are concerned about going off topic.

Between that and the cost in dollars, these do not seem to be in my future. You did not get hit with any customs type fees? Which did you get and how did you like them? Feel free to PM if you are concerned about going off topic.

No, no customs. Their soaps smell really good. I purchased the Dali (because I am a huge fan of his art) plus Red Moon and Male. The performance was very good, as is fairly common with a lot of modern formulae. For me, it doesn't beat out any elite bases (A&E Kaizen, Zingari Man Sego, DG Milksteak, GD Kairos, WK Siero, etc), so a purchase decision would hinge on a scent that is a must have.

@FaceScraper and all,

Here is a link to a Google sheet for a very rough first draft of the Shaving Soap Homage/Inspired by list. I do not have the Chatillon Lux collaborations with Declaration Grooming and the other artisans they collaborated with.

For starters, I have only listed products that the artisan admits to being "inspired by" for the particular scent. Where a full collaboration has been forged (ie, Gentleman's Nod/Zaharoff, Zingari Man/Byron Parfums, etc), those are listed as Collaborations and not an Homage.

I think everyone should be able to edit/add to this listing, but let me know if that is not the case and I can have a look. Feel free to add to this so we can make it as complete a listing as possible.

Shaving Soap Homages

@FaceScraper and all,

Here is a link to a Google sheet for a very rough first draft of the Shaving Soap Homage/Inspired by list. I do not have the Chatillon Lux collaborations with Declaration Grooming and the other artisans they collaborated with.

For starters, I have only listed products that the artisan admits to being "inspired by" for the particular scent. Where a full collaboration has been forged (ie, Gentleman's Nod/Zaharoff, Zingari Man/Byron Parfums, etc), those are listed as Collaborations and not an Homage.

I think everyone should be able to edit/add to this listing, but let me know if that is not the case and I can have a look. Feel free to add to this so we can make it as complete a listing as possible.

Shaving Soap Homages
awesome thanks !!!!

@FaceScraper and all,

Shaving Soap Homages

I couldn't seem to add info to the spreadsheet. I did a search and Hai Karate was originally released by Leeming/Pfizer from the 60s to the 80s. It was discontinued in 1987.

I've never used or smelled Hai Karate but it sounds like a scent I'd be interested in. It looks like Black Belt (PAA's Black Bot) was also made by the same company that made Hai Karate.

Another PAA homage on your list - Deja Fougere. I didn't see this on PAA's site.

@FaceScraper and all,

Shaving Soap Homages
this is very cool!

I couldn't seem to add info to the spreadsheet. I did a search and Hai Karate was originally released by Leeming/Pfizer from the 60s to the 80s. It was discontinued in 1987.

I've never used or smelled Hai Karate but it sounds like a scent I'd be interested in. It looks like Black Belt (PAA's Black Bot) was also made by the same company that made Hai Karate.

Another PAA homage on your list - Deja Fougere. I didn't see this on PAA's site.

I adjusted the settings. It should be editable now. Please confirm when you have a chance.

My wife loves Polo Red, and I don't like to mix my scents much. Does anyone know of a shaving soap or bar soap that's even close to Polo Red?
Ok I came across that stirling did have a clone this last black friday apparently. It was called red eye, it was a limited release though.

Wet the Face "based on" scents:

Lodge 49 - Tom Ford White Suede
Grey's Vetiver - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
The Sport of Kings - Polo Sport
Into The Mystic - Davidoff Cool Water
The Quiet Man - Creed Green Irish Tweed

Wet the face's sport of kings is unreal........truly.

Does anyone know what PAA's "Han Polo" is based on? because that is one of my favorite Polo scents

@FaceScraper and all,

Shaving Soap Homages

this is an excellent resource thank you!

I remember reading somewhere in a couple of reviews there is a soap by wholly kaw that smells like aventus. Does anybody remember which one it is?

Top Bottom