What's new

Sudsy Soapery Uplift (New tallow formula)

I used the tallow uplift formula from Sudsy yesterday and I have to say it was excellent, better experience for me than the regular non-tallow formula, and has made me a bigger fan of Sudsy than I was before, so that I will now go back a revisit my favorite non-tallow soaps of theirs (Cola and Lavender/Peppermint). The new tallow formula is right up there for me now - either at the bottom of my top tier or just below, and it may move up after a few more shaves with it. I like the scent as well. A great soap, and I am very thankful they have decided to include tallow in their mix.

I missed out on the release but honestly, it doesn't bother me. Sudsy is on a very short list of veg soaps that can go toe to toe with any of the best tallow soaps. In my slimmed down den Sudsy is the lone veg soap so that's saying something. I would choose Sudsy over alot of insanely popular tallow soaps. The tallow base would have to be a vast improvement for me to want them to mess with an already superior base

Thanks DE - I will have to go back and use some of my veg Sudsy soaps now that I've had such a good experience with Uplift. What are the other soaps in your slimmed down den?

1 B&M
2 Stirling
1 WSP
1 Lisas Natural
2 Declaration Grooming
3 Wholly Kaw
1 Sudsy
1 Noble Otter

That's all folks!

PS I have a few more that are discontinued and/or unobtanium so I dont count them

I missed out on the release but honestly, it doesn't bother me. Sudsy is on a very short list of veg soaps that can go toe to toe with any of the best tallow soaps. In my slimmed down den Sudsy is the lone veg soap so that's saying something. I would choose Sudsy over alot of insanely popular tallow soaps. The tallow base would have to be a vast improvement for me to want them to mess with an already superior base

I'm pretty sure the shaving soap is still available from their website if you do want to try it. It's a great soap, a nice scent, and only around $15.

Thanks for the review. I'm expecting Mike's Natural by the end of the week. I'm interested in Tallow and Steel too but not sure if I want to pay that much. I'll def give this a look.

I received my tub of uplift on Monday...I'm working through a couple shave items right now...but plan on getting to it probably either Friday or Monday. It looks like it is getting favorable reviews. Like mentioned before...SS can really go toe to toe with other big name soaps out there even without the tallow. I love their Sandalwood and Myrrh scent...but I wish it was a tad stronger. The lavender & peppermint is really nice also. But for an indulgence...I REALLY love their Twice Mint!

Just tried this soap for the first time .I was very impressed .Loved the scent for the summer .Was super slick with great cushion .Definitely a top tier soap,

I gave mine a whirl the other day...

I knew that it was going to be good stuff. I really like the non-tallow versions, but have always wondered why they didn't add some kind of animal fat. Anyway...yup...the addition of tallow makes SS a top contender. I still think the likes of Wholly Kaw are better, but Uplift is definitely up there. It might be the most moisturizing soap I have tried.

I tried the SS Uplift today. Compared to the supercreme formula of Rose and Black Pepper, Uplift loads faster and lathers quicker. Uplift is also slightly slicker than Rose and Black Pepper. The only downside in Uplift is the scent which reminds me of furniture polish. The Rose and Black Pepper scent is better.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I have a few shaves with Uplift. I actually like the veg base better. The tallow is a little slicker but the veg soap is equal or better in every other aspect imo. Its still really really good soap. Ymmv as always

Very much agree. I generally prefer tallow-based soaps, but of the SS soaps the vegetal base is my favorite. Especially their collaboration scent with Chatillon Lux - Delor the Treget

I have a few shaves with Uplift. I actually like the veg base better. The tallow is a little slicker but the veg soap is equal or better in every other aspect imo. Its still really really good soap. Ymmv as always
I mostly agree. I love uplift for it's slickness, but post shave it is a little short of the vegan base. I think I also prefer the other two scents I have, Citrus & Bay and Sandalwood & Myrrh. I don't mind uplift's scent, but it isn't my favorite scent. It smells like a lemon drop candy to me. Off the puck it is a very strong scent that mellows a bit once I start lathering. I know they added lanolin and tallow, but I don't find the post shave up to their supercreamed vegan base. Cushion is adequate for me, giving enough protection. It also lather quite easily. I've always found Sudsy's veg base to be very water stable, and uplift is equally as stable. I may try to break it at some point, just to see if it's possible. So far, the lather has just become more slick with more water, and it starts out pretty darn slick. The veg base is plenty slick for me due to its water stability, so the primary benefit of uplift is a wash for me.

I put the vegan base up there with WhollyKaw Donkey Milk as my two best soaps for my skin and how I shave before i used uplift. I think uplift is right in the mix with the vegan base too for my top soap. Uplift actually rivals, and probably beats, Stirling in slickness which I've never been able to say before. I put all of the aforementioned soaps, WK DM, SS veg and tallow, Stirling, ahead of SV and Cella in all categories as of now, for comparison's sake. Not a bad top tier, but I know that a lot of people wouldn't agree, but for my beard and skin, these are the best.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I just recently ordered a sample pack from The Sudsy Soapery. I generally prefer tallow soaps and did not realize that the samples contained only vegan formulations. However, I do have some vegan formulations in my den that fare reasonably well. I hope the Triple Butter formulations work well and that they will later release a wider variety of scents in the tallow base.

I've been shaving with the Uplift tallow formula for the past 5 or so shaves and I Love it! Thick and slick and easy to lather. I haven't tried their other soaps but I am for sure interested now. Is there a big difference between vegan and tallow in terms of how you later them and performance? Ever since I got into using soaps instead of creams, I have only used soaps with tallow in them. I've never used a soap that doesn't have tallow in its formula.

I've been shaving with the Uplift tallow formula for the past 5 or so shaves and I Love it! Thick and slick and easy to lather. I haven't tried their other soaps but I am for sure interested now. Is there a big difference between vegan and tallow in terms of how you later them and performance? Ever since I got into using soaps instead of creams, I have only used soaps with tallow in them. I've never used a soap that doesn't have tallow in its formula.

I have three Sudsy Soapery soaps: Uplift (tallow), Sandalwood & Myrrh (vegan), Citrus & Bay (vegan). They all lather quite easily. I think Uplift is a tad slicker, but loses a little of the excellent post shave feel of the vegan base. I appreciate both bases equally. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the vegan base, simply because Citrus and Bay is my favorite scent out there right now.

The line between vegan and tallow soaps is being blurred. Soaps like Oleo Soapworks Canard base contain duck fat (tallow), but the most significant ingredients of the mix are vegan. So, it cannot be called vegan, but it is not really a tallow based soap either.

I just ordered some new formula soap from Lisa's Natural Herbal Products. The new formula has glycerine as the primary ingredient and stearic acid comes from palm trees, so it looks like it might be a vegan soap, but then the third ingredient is sheep milk. Lanolin is also included in the formulation, so it is definitely not a vegan soap, but it cannot be called a tallow soap, either.

Some people love tallow soaps, some love vegan soaps, some love both. I tend to prefer tallow, but am open to using vegan soaps as long as they perform well.

Here's her ingredient list from her website. It does happen to be a tallow base soap.

Ingredients: Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid (sustainably sourced), Sheep Milk (locally sourced), Aloe Juice, Beef Tallow, Potassium Hydroxide, Lanolin, Meadowfoam Oil, Mango Butter, Cocoa Butter, Safflower Oil, Bentonite Clay, Sucrose Cocoate, Castor Oil, Sodium Lactate, Babassu Seed Oil, Ivy Extract, Orchid Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Allantoin, Beeswax, Organic Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Sea Buckthorn Extract, Silk Peptides

Top Bottom