What's new

Stop Me Before I Buy Again

It started with the Razorock SLOC. Then I noticed the Razorock Old Type. I like the idea behind the SLOC and looking forward to try it, and liked the look of their interpretation of the Gillette Old Type. The Mamba looked interesting, too. Very interesting.

Then I saw the Ming Shi filter. Yep, the Ming Shi 2000 at a reasonable price. However, it was just the razor and five blades. Could I beat that?

Went to another site. Found a rebranded Ming Shi 2000 with blades, stand, and travel cover for the same price.

What to do?

I bought the Razorock SLOC and Old Type from Italian Barber, and the Ming Shi 2000 from the other site. Didn't buy the Mamba - a guy has to know his limits.

Yes, I told my wife. She took it well. If she shows up with new shoes, I'll know why.

I hope I didn't make a mistake when I checked out at Italian Barber. I saw the PayPal thing at the top, figured I had to go through there, and made just a credit card purchase without setting up an account. Then, when I confirmed shipping, I saw where I could have just paid with my credit card there. That could lead to a bad and worse situation:

First the bad: Murphey decides to enforce his laws and the payment doesn't go through somehow and I'm out money and razor.

Now the worst: It does go through, proving how I can shop on Ebay without a PayPal account, and my RAD gets worse.

But hey, I could have three razors coming. How could I possibly want another one?

But hey, I could have three razors coming. How could I possibly want another one?
@Raissermesser I am the Mamba being channeled through gvw755 - look me up when you're done playing with cheap Chinese beauties. Maybe I'll have my friend the Game Changer available by then and we can really have some fun. Remember, money comes and goes, but a stainless steel razor lasts forever. ;-)

We ALL have a RAD because it doesn't end until you RIP.

Unfortunately, RAD and similar disorders for soaps, brushes, hones, strops, fragrances, etc. have no known cure. Once you get them, the best you can hope for is that only one such disorder will display active symptoms at any given time.

You're more likely to find enablers here than people to stop you. You know you need the Mamba. And look at all those vintage razors on eBay... Then you'll look at single edge razors and finally you'll be curious about a straight razor. Enjoy the journey!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
@Raissermesser I am the Mamba being channeled through gvw755 - look me up when you're done playing with cheap Chinese beauties. Maybe I'll have my friend the Game Changer available by then and we can really have some fun. Remember, money comes and goes, but a stainless steel razor lasts forever. ;-)
Classic. Love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

my first several years involved unbridled purchasing. I've got too much stuff and there's much I don't even use. That will be in a PIF in July. Looking back, I wish there was an easier way to, say, rent-a-razor and return it if it doesn't meet your expectations. I spent a lot of money on a toggle a couple years back and I've shaved with it 2-3 times. Likewise I bought a broken OC aristocrat because it looked so nice.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It started with the Razorock SLOC. Then I noticed the Razorock Old Type. I like the idea behind the SLOC and looking forward to try it, and liked the look of their interpretation of the Gillette Old Type. The Mamba looked interesting, too. Very interesting.

Then I saw the Ming Shi filter. Yep, the Ming Shi 2000 at a reasonable price. However, it was just the razor and five blades. Could I beat that?

Went to another site. Found a rebranded Ming Shi 2000 with blades, stand, and travel cover for the same price.

What to do?

I bought the Razorock SLOC and Old Type from Italian Barber, and the Ming Shi 2000 from the other site. Didn't buy the Mamba - a guy has to know his limits.

Yes, I told my wife. She took it well. If she shows up with new shoes, I'll know why.

I hope I didn't make a mistake when I checked out at Italian Barber. I saw the PayPal thing at the top, figured I had to go through there, and made just a credit card purchase without setting up an account. Then, when I confirmed shipping, I saw where I could have just paid with my credit card there. That could lead to a bad and worse situation:

First the bad: Murphey decides to enforce his laws and the payment doesn't go through somehow and I'm out money and razor.

Now the worst: It does go through, proving how I can shop on Ebay without a PayPal account, and my RAD gets worse.

OK - Stop! I’m a professional, please remit $75.

You have registered on B&B. I'm afraid you are down the rabbit hole my friend! You'll rotate between razor, soap, brush and aftershave acquisition disorder - enjoy the ride :D

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The good news is that despite the enablers wanting to make you buy as much as them so they don't feel as guilty ;) it is perfectly possible to not buy stuff you don't need.

I signed up here roughly 6 months ago. I came here with one brush, I still have one brush. I had one hard soap for use at home, and I still do. I have lost one razor, and later this week will gain one due to a PIF. I've gained friends and knowledge, without gaining stuff I don't need. The choice, my friend, is down to you :)

The good news is that despite the enablers wanting to make you buy as much as them so they don't feel as guilty ;) it is perfectly possible to not buy stuff you don't need.

I signed up here roughly 6 months ago. I came here with one brush, I still have one brush. I had one hard soap for use at home, and I still do. I have lost one razor, and later this week will gain one due to a PIF. I've gained friends and knowledge, without gaining stuff I don't need. The choice, my friend, is down to you :)

HEY! DOESN'T ANYBODY SCREEN THESE POSTS?

You're more likely to find enablers here than people to stop you. You know you need the Mamba. And look at all those vintage razors on eBay... Then you'll look at single edge razors and finally you'll be curious about a straight razor. Enjoy the journey!

Nailed it! :thumbup:

Top Bottom