What's new

Stolen Razor/Rockwell 6S Quality Control Issues?

I purchased my first Rockwell 6S a little over three years ago, now and it has been my one and only. Using the #3 plate, it has been pure perfection for my face - silky smooth shaves and absolutely zero irritation or burn. It came with perfect alignment and the overall quality was top notch.

Sadly, I lost it recently while I was traveling. I kept it in my checked luggage, disassembled, and neatly tucked away in my Dopp bag. My wife and I get home from the airport, open our luggage to unpack, and saw my entire Travel Shaving Kit was gone - just gone. We looked in all of our bags, thinking it must have shifted and slipped under some clothes...nope, it was taken.

Seriously, who steals someone’s shaving/bathroom supplies!? Not only is it unethical, but very unhygienic as well.

Anyway, I’m doing some research about buying another Rockwell 6S, but have been coming by some 1-2 year old threads that have been talking about quality control issues. They mainly addressed alignment issues, dents, dings, and some loose blade play.

Can anyone, who has purchased one in the last year, attest to these issues or have they’ve been mostly addressed? It is my absolute favorite DE and really hope it is still as great as when I bought my first one 3+ years.

I bought a 6s this year and can say my experiance with it mirrors your own, its my smoothest most efficient and versitile razor.It is properly aligned and well built .In contrast I bought a 6c before the 6s and one side did not cut the same as the other although it is still an excellent shave.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh man that’s terrible
I’m sure you did but did you call the hotel just to make sure you didn’t leave the bag. I read some issue of alignment but I’d just go direct to Rockwell for a new one.

From what I've read it happens now and then. It's hard to quantify how much though, like how many people receive rockwells that are totally fine but don't post about it? It's something that has a decent chance of happening though.

Apparently the return process can sometimes be a bit back and forth but I've pretty much always read that they sort it out in the end.

agree with the other comments, several months ago bought a 6S in black, beautiful finish, fit, shaves as well as the grey one I got shortly after they started selling.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Piling on! Purchased my Rockwell 6S 8 months ago, and in daily use, have experienced nothing but buttery-smooth shaves. Perfect alignment. Solid construction, fit and finish. Its the razor that turned me from vintage to modern, and then pushed me down the rabbit hole.

Wishes that your lost razor somehow quickly resurfaces. But if not, expect a new 6S to be equally superb.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
P.S. If you do buy a new 6S, and then the old one turns up, message me and I’ll offer to purchase the one you don’t want. I plan to gift 6S razors to my sons.

I purchased my first Rockwell 6S a little over three years ago, now and it has been my one and only. Using the #3 plate, it has been pure perfection for my face - silky smooth shaves and absolutely zero irritation or burn. It came with perfect alignment and the overall quality was top notch.

Sadly, I lost it recently while I was traveling. I kept it in my checked luggage, disassembled, and neatly tucked away in my Dopp bag. My wife and I get home from the airport, open our luggage to unpack, and saw my entire Travel Shaving Kit was gone - just gone. We looked in all of our bags, thinking it must have shifted and slipped under some clothes...nope, it was taken.

Seriously, who steals someone’s shaving/bathroom supplies!? Not only is it unethical, but very unhygienic as well.

Anyway, I’m doing some research about buying another Rockwell 6S, but have been coming by some 1-2 year old threads that have been talking about quality control issues. They mainly addressed alignment issues, dents, dings, and some loose blade play.

Can anyone, who has purchased one in the last year, attest to these issues or have they’ve been mostly addressed? It is my absolute favorite DE and really hope it is still as great as when I bought my first one 3+ years.
I’m sorry to hear of your loss.

As far as QC issues, I believe that issue was resolved. I purchased a 6S in May 2020 and have had no issues with it. I have a Gillette NEW Long Comb and a Super Speed that I never use. I use the 6S every single shave.

I got mine in December of 2019, so more than a year ago. It was the same month I got my destination razor :p it is just superb

Wasn't there a problem with first run of this razor?

I bagged a red and a blue 6S at the end of Dec and I would say that tolerances are fractionally better than my old 6S (which I have no complaints about).

Top Bottom