What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I understand where you're coming from but that stance is narrow-minded. You're missing out on some fantastic scent options.

Truth is most limited releases and seasonal scents are re-released from time to time and with the amount of time it takes to go through a jar of soap, you're actually pretty safe in one lasting until it's next release.

To each their own though.

The scent is also never what I care most about in a soap. I care far more about it's performance, as long as the scent isn't offensive to me. I'd much rather use a continuously available soap in a scent I'm ok with then chase new scents with limited availability.

To add to the Electric Sheep discussion earlier, out of the few Glacial soaps I've tried, that one brought tears to my eyes when shaving. Almost uncomfortably cold, especially when rinsing with cold water.

BAD588F0-6F81-4738-AB3D-7CB3CAD6B3EE.jpeg

Fruit & Veggie Week / Aventus August

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti

Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man

Post: Alum then Dickinson's Deep Cleanser w/Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegital

So the month of August comes to an end along with my commitment to a monogamous relationship with the only Aventus inspired soap I have, Stirling Soap Company's, Executive Man. To commemorate this most fun month, I just so happened to encounter my first Samurai Showdown! ⚔️

I battled the whiskers on my face with my newly acquired Tatara Masamune of the titanium variety.

When holding a Gillette Nacet Stainless blade, the Masamune allowed me to rise victoriously with a baby butt smooth face. 🍑

The post battle sting of Alum satisfied my masochistic curiosity to find where the blade edge made the most contact.

For the love of the Lilac Vegital.... What can I say. She provides a glorious kiss. 💋

Until next August... Ogenki De

So back on July 20th 2022, I made a post about Stirling Soap Company's Black Friday in July sale. Just before posting I made a large purchase for myself. Though the order was delivered, because I was moving and Arko / Aventus August had started, I did not open the package. I told myself that I wouldn't open the package until Arko / Aventus August had ended and that it would be my reward for sticking it out. I love variety in all aspects of life so this was actually very difficult for me.

Here we are on the last day of August and I have less an a day before I can open my reward.

3952CA69-61E1-4519-943C-2A0E448752F5.jpeg

And here it is.

I can't wait until tomorrow. 😁

Has anyone else here tried Stirling's pre-shave soaps? Gave a bar of their glacial pre-shave soap a try, seemed to do a decent job.
I tried the glacial sample that Stirling sent me and was blown away about how it softened my stubble. My PAA Cube 2.0 (unscented) doesn't do that (though it makes things very slick and boosts the lather for some soaps). I ordered the regular menthol and non-menthol bars to see how they work in comparison to the glacial. I will try those once I finish the sample.

I see some very good choices in both of your collections. I have a good amount but you both have me beat.
Stirling provides the solution. Shaving Soap lasts forever, so be ultra scent selective.
Hoard bath soap. The scents are identical and you skin improves. They stack better in the cupboard, and you will actually go through it.

Also, why even use shave soap. The bar soap makes a perfectly slick lather in your hand with no brush and in a hurry in the morning when shaving your legs it's just faster to use that and still smells the same as the tub of shave soap.
Also, Stirling soap lathered in a loofah is the most luxurious shower or bath experience right? Heaven. Bay Rum is my favorite scent so far.

Last edited:
Stirling provides the solution. Shaving Soap lasts forever, so be ultra scent selective.
Hoard bath soap. The scents are identical and you skin improves. They stack better in the cupboard, and you will actually go through it.

Also, why even use shave soap. The bar soap makes a perfectly slick lather in your hand with no brush and in a hurry in the morning when shaving your legs it's just faster to use that and still smells the same as the tub of shave soap.
Also, Stirling soap lathered in a loofah is the most luxurious shower or bath experience right? Heaven. Bay Rum is my favorite scent so far.
You know to be honest I've yet to use any of the bath soaps I've received as bonus samples from my orders.

I love their shave soaps, aftershave, EDTs and lip balms but the bath soaps are just piling up.

I think you've inspired me to actually try one and see how it is. Right now I use an Honest brand sweet orange body wash but maybe it's time I mix it up. Thanks. Oh and I'll definitely use them with loofah.

It's funny that you bring up using a "regular" soaps to shave with instead of a dedicated shaving soap. Once I bought a cube of Pre De Province #63 thinking it was their shaving soap and used it. Honestly it worked just fine for the half dozen or so shaves I did before realizing it wasn't the product I thought it was.

@Oliviamaynard
As I said I was, I used one of the Stirling bath soaps today...

2AACBEB1-D276-46A1-A9C5-16067191E459.jpeg

It really is smart of Stirling to include samples with orders. It's a great way to introduce customers to new scents and spur future sales.

With that said, I not the biggest fan of the Island Man scent. It's nice and very clean smelling. But it weirdly smells too much like what a fresh, clean soap would smell like. It's nice, but not different enough to win me over.

The bath soap felt nice and lathered easily. Overall it was a pleasant experience. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other bath soap samples I have.

3F190F3A-715A-47CE-BD97-9C200001E7C1.jpeg

Slantember / Stirling September

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable

Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Soaps: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum (w/ dry dock system)
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleanser Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri Eau de Toilette

This was shave number two with the Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable. This time I intentionally dialed it down to 4 from my first run at the razor's max of 6.5. I did this to test the razor's end result when set to a more mild setting.

I did a three pass shave going with the grain for pass one, across the grain from inside out on pass two, then across the grain from outside in for pass three. For pass three I bumped the razor up to 5. Specifically when dealing with my neck I always go with the grain for pass one and against the grain for both passes two and three.

At setting 4 the razor felt ultra smooth. I have to say the head geometry of this razor is really good at providing a very comfortable shave. At setting 5 I begin to feel a little bit of blade, which I like. I found that shaving with these lower settings, the overall shaving experience was more comfortable but more spot treatment was needed to really complete the goal of a bbs shave.

This was also my first time using the Stirling Soap Co. Alighieri products. The scent is a take on Christian Dior's Fahrenheit for Men and in my opinion Stirling Soap Co. did a fantastic job with this scent! It's a complex and beautiful fragrance with leather, cedar, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, amber, nutmeg, and tonka bean. It's lightened up by citrus, lavender, chamomile, and soft floral notes. If this sounds even remotely appealing to you, do yourself a huge favor and try this when you can.

The Konsul Slant Adjustable continues to impress me. Its build quality is top-notch. I love the head geometry, the weight, the grip, the overall fit and finish.

All in all I had a great time and a fantastic shaving experience.

Shave on gentlemen 😉

I have Deep Blue Sea, my first from Stirling. The quality of lather is excellent (almost too rich so that it stays in my skin for a full day).

However the scent is too strong for me. I usually go with unscented products. Can someone recommend another scent that's more mild? Do they have unscented? I will check.

ETA: They have unscented, unscented with beeswax and unscented with vetiver.

Top Bottom