What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I believe he said the top tray will fit one of the Stirling samples perfectly. This would be great for travel and can drop a new one in prior to each journey. Great piece of kit. Can’t wait to see the final outcome. Keep it up.

That’s great work. Where is the soap?
Thanks! - as Chad3 mentioned, there's a little dish that fits in the top to hold a puck of their sample soap (haven't tried it with soap yet though).
IMG_5636.JPG IMG_5637.JPG

I’m super happy you folks like the kit, it’s been a fair number of hours to get to this point, and I’m pretty chuffed that it’s turned out this good so far. To be honest, I never thought anyone else might want one of these. Once this is all said and done, I may look at getting a small printer for home and making them for some other folks at as low a cost as I can... for now, the refinement continues!

I’ve reprinted the small plate that holds the razor/brush with the little lips. Since the brush handle is round, the lips have little to no impact on preventing runaway brush past ~10 degrees of tilt. The razor, however, is a different story; the bar of the razor stops as soon as it hits the lips, helping to prevent it from sliding off of the stand. I don’t think I’ll mess with this part any further, as the brush isn’t really what I was worried about sliding off.

A4DDEA62-8158-420C-91A0-D9D4359DE3B3.jpeg

You’ve definitely got a starter customer base here. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you ever start producing some we could acquire!

Today’s update saw my parts order arrive - some loctite on the set screws, and my standoffs were ready. I need to make a more permanent top nut though, but that’s a fairly minor detail. Also added was the brass threaded insert, which was pressed in then filed flush. Once everything cures up overnight, I’ll try putting it all together.

C1125D52-4BA4-4A8F-BE9A-63DDCB284EBB.jpeg 23C153C1-70E8-420C-B336-91759ED3B427.jpeg BCA28DE9-35EF-47F6-A110-EEFE079FFADA.jpeg

Well, the stand portion is done; it’s surprisingly rigid for something made out of so many small segments. I’m going to thicken up some spots on the plate for longevity, but that’s no biggie.

Now, it’s time to get some soap in it and put it to the real test.

05ACCB0E-7FB2-4364-AEE3-D3D1D31199AE.jpeg 0B8D7D0E-08E9-481E-B427-38645B5417C8.jpeg

I like the Fine Italian Citrus on scent alone. The Stirling has better ingredients aside from just the alcohol and fragrance that Fine Accoutrements has.

I'm waiting impatiently for the fall seasonal scents to be made available.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my samples of Scots Pine Sheep, Coniferous, Ozark Mountain, and Gatlinburg.

Autumn Glory, British Leather, Hot Apple Cider, and Pumpkin Spice are listed as regular Fall seasonals. I'm especially looking forward to trying the first two.
Oh wow... Those sound nice. Looks like I'll add a few more to my aftershave samplers

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom