What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Is it among the very best soaps I've used? No.

Do I use it? Of course. It's a solid soap that gives great shaves. Stirling has a great selection of scents and the soap is one of the best values out there. I'd never hesitate to recommend Stirling to anyone asking for a suggestion.

Stirling is generally not considered to be top tier. It's a mid level soap, but a very good performer, and very well regarded by many around here. You really can't go wrong with it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just about any soap is worth taking a flier on if it's not too expensive. While some will love a certain brand (any brand), others will use it as shower soap or throw it out. Our opinions (while generally more trustworthy than a lot of the interwebinetz) are simple that.... our opinions. What works for us, might not work for you.

Everyone has said it all. Terrific soap, regardless of price point (which is low).

Don’t over look the aftershaves... they are fantastic and another wonderful bargain!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I like Stirling but my top tier are t&s and Grooming dept. If i stumbled on these two first i might have saved some money
;)

Actually, I’d say that Stirling’s AS base is top tier. Scents can vary in quality and obviously from person to person as well.

I don’t have a lot of experience with many of the newer brands of shaving soaps. I’m mostly using older stuff that I bought years ago and have not run through. Here are the only soaps I’ve bought in three years:

Mitchell’s Wool Fat – Great soap. Not much scent, but what is there is pleasant. My favorite soap so far.

Sir Hare (Barbershop) – Very good. Nice scent.

Chiseled Face (Ghost Town and Sherlock) – Not a big fan of the scents and the performance was only okay.

I have some Stirling waiting in my mailbox. How does Stirling compare to some of the other brands? It’s pretty cheap, so I’m wondering if it’s loved because it’s great or because it’s a great value. I'm hoping it's the former, but realize that if it's that good I'm going to soon go crazy with a big order and no cabinet space to house it.

I guess it depends on your definition of top tier. I have tried many soaps and I always make sure I have a Stirling and B&M on hand. These two brands have been rock solid for me. Easy to lather, great scents, last forever, feel great and hit a great price point.

As some else said, if the price was higher maybe Stirling would be considered top tier by some.

Stirling is a top tier soap for me. It lathers into a thick creamy lather. It gives good glide on the skin with excellent slickness. They have tons of scents and I love most of them. Lastly, they're priced reasonably for anyone to try out. Overall, a great soap without much flaws.

Only thing is that they're too slick and it takes a while to wash the lather off. Also, they use lanolin and some people are allergic to that. My skin tingles a bit with the lather but no irritation.

Is Kurt Rambus a top tier NBA basketball player?? I remember him as a performance oriented player, an integral part of the Lakers but not someone who was flashy. That is my impression of Stirling shave soap.

Even though I found the scent of their shave soap to be a little on the strong side, they are easy to lather. I like their shampoo bars even more, they lather easily and the variety of scents is a treat.

It is the soap I use the most (5 days a week). Their mutton tallow based soaps are a little nicer feeling than their beef tallow, but it only comes in 3 scents. Overall I like how slick they are and it rinses clean and my skin feels soft the next day.

The way I lather it is I keep adding water to it until it feels wet, then apply it. It is can take quite a bit of water so use that to your advantage. If it is leaving a residue, you probably need more water.

Lastly, if you like beach type smells, Island Man is worth a try. It has coconut, rum, and citrus scents that give you a feel of being at a tiki bar on the beach.

Is Kurt Rambus a top tier NBA basketball player?? I remember him as a performance oriented player, an integral part of the Lakers but not someone who was flashy. That is my impression of Stirling shave soap.

Well said.

I had my first shave with Stirling and if it's not top-tier, it's close enough for me. I was able to quickly make tons of great lather that left my skin feeling great after. I had a 2+ BBS shave and will certainly be buying more Stirling.

Thanks, gents.

Top Bottom