What's new

Stirling Syndicate

The issue here is that performance is somewhat arbitrary.

For example, two excellent soap makers that have really prominent fans to me fall just a bit short of my personal favorites (GD + Murphy&McNeil), but to the people who love them, they are the best. And my favorite (B&M reserve) is not as good.

Who is right?

Both of us? Neither of us? Probably both.

I like their soaps very much and they work well for me.
Future purchases include Ramblin Man and Sharp Dressed Man.
The sheep tallow looks good too.
I guess I'm becoming a Stirling Gentleman.
Try it. You'll like it!

It's great. Not on my top but definitely one of the good ones.

In my opinion, it's one of the best, if not the best value out there in terms of price to performance ratio. I specially liked their Mutton tallow base.

I was looking for info on when Stirling might be releasing Red Delicious for the season this year as I was stupid and only bought a sample. Unfortunately, I believe I may have found out that it is discontinued. Has anyone heard this? Can anyone confirm this news? Thanks folks.

I was looking for info on when Stirling might be releasing Red Delicious for the season this year as I was stupid and only bought a sample. Unfortunately, I believe I may have found out that it is discontinued. Has anyone heard this? Can anyone confirm this news? Thanks folks.
I'm sure if you shot an email over to Rod he would be happy to give you the info you seek...

I just got my first tub of Sterling and only shaved with it 3 times but it sure looks like it's going in my top tier. It holds a lot of water and makes a very dense creamy lather with great slickness and cushion. The shave quality and post shave feel seems at least on par with B&M which is probably my favorite soap so far.

I'm sure if you shot an email over to Rod he would be happy to give you the info you seek...
I figured someone may already know, but it's probably the best bet... An answer from the source. [emoji846]

I just shot him an email. In case anyone else is interested, I will share his response. Doesn't seem to be a popular scent, gauging from it's minimal mention on the board. Still, can't hurt to post it for knowledge sake. Lol.

Thanks musichead.

I figured someone may already know, but it's probably the best bet... An answer from the source. [emoji846]

I just shot him an email. In case anyone else is interested, I will share his response. Doesn't seem to be a popular scent, gauging from it's minimal mention on the board. Still, can't hurt to post it for knowledge sake. Lol.

Thanks musichead.
No problem. I want to say that on my short time using Stirling I have only seen 2 runs of it and both were very limited and eventually found its way into the sale section.

I think the fad of calling soaps "top tier" is more associated with the polarizing topic of "post shave feel" than with anything to do with actual shave quality and scent. Having said that, I think Stirling is very bold with their scent selection and I can say that it has always given me a great shave.

Well said.

I had my first shave with Stirling and if it's not top-tier, it's close enough for me. I was able to quickly make tons of great lather that left my skin feeling great after. I had a 2+ BBS shave and will certainly be buying more Stirling.

Thanks, gents.
Nice to hear that. It's one of those soaps that always work well and you don't have to spend a bank on it. Unless you're trying to get every scent out there. Then, there's a problem. haha.

The differences between soaps now are subtle. In all honesty all soaps mentioned are great soaps but it is in the little details that have us choosing one particular soap over the other. I have a tub of A&E that I really like, but use it for particular occasions. It has great res
Nice to hear that. It's one of those soaps that always work well and you don't have to spend a bank on it. Unless you're trying to get every scent out there. Then, there's a problem. haha.

I fail to see the problem...:001_302:

The differences between soaps now are subtle. In all honesty all soaps mentioned are great soaps but it is in the little details that have us choosing one particular soap over the other. I have a tub of A&E that I really like, but use it for particular occasions. It has great res

I fail to see the problem...:001_302:
It doesn't have to be. You just have to stick to samples and experience the scents before piling yourself on top of those lovely green Stirling tubs. haha :001_tt1::001_tt1:

If they raised the price and cut their production to only best sellers, I'm betting more peops would consider it a top tier soap. Mystique and attainability has a lot to do with that designation.

I have to agree with you. Super-limited-extraordinaire rules the shaving world. Stirling is one of the bests among the bests. The way in the ladder of tops is just a YMMV thing.

Stirling is a top tier soap with my well water. Over the past 9 years, I've spent $30-$80 on too many other soaps that didn't perform as well. Currently only Harris Almond, 3 Captain's Choice and 2 other (discontinued) soaps, rank higher than Stirling (my favorite being MITA). My only problem with Stirling are scents. I have probably tried 20 Stirling soaps (samples are the way to go), but as I get older, my face and nose just don't tolerate scents like they used to.

Top Bottom