What's new

Stirling Syndicate

The Ugly Duckling. Handle looks like a Mace with Chain Mail added at the bottom and a weapon that could have been used by the Crusaders and King Richard “Lionheart” himself. “Onwards toward the Holy City as God wills it”. When men were men...

I love it...

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Looking forward to the finished design, I am thinking that there will be a final tweek or two
Like the idea that Stirling is going to have a signature razor made here and not overseas.
Like some of the other popular Razors that started here and went for the less expensive
Way .

Looking forward to the finished design, I am thinking that there will be a final tweek or two
Like the idea that Stirling is going to have a signature razor made here and not overseas.
Like some of the other popular Razors that started here and went for the less expensive
Way .

+1 Agree completely with your statement. Not that overseas is bad but, it’s good to see production and labor stay here even if it means it will cost a few $$$,s more. And Stirling is synonymous with value and quality. Whenever they launch it, I’m backing them 110%. They’ve earned it in my eyes.....

I think IB can offer a cheaper price because he orders in higher quantities than other vendors.

I think the Stirling razor will be machined in the US, so $100 seems reasonable to me. I like the design of the handle too. It looks different than anything else on the market.
I agree that $100 isn't a bad price for a made in USA razor. Generally, I'm willing to pay a little more for a quality product and/or product made here.

The Ugly Duckling. Handle looks like a Mace with Chain Mail added at the bottom and a weapon that could have been used by the Crusaders and King Richard “Lionheart” himself. “Onwards toward the Holy City as God wills it”. When men were men...

I love it...

I had convinced myself I would pass on this one but after reading this, I want one. Lol

As others noted - SDM definitely has a lighter profile. Personally, it's one of very few Stirling scents I'm not fond of. I notice some Stirling scents linger longer than others. I still get whiffs of the barbershop & executive man scents the morning after shaving. Others seem to dissipate after a few hrs.

I don’t have a lot of experience with many of the newer brands of shaving soaps. I’m mostly using older stuff that I bought years ago and have not run through. Here are the only soaps I’ve bought in three years:

Mitchell’s Wool Fat – Great soap. Not much scent, but what is there is pleasant. My favorite soap so far.

Sir Hare (Barbershop) – Very good. Nice scent.

Chiseled Face (Ghost Town and Sherlock) – Not a big fan of the scents and the performance was only okay.

I have some Stirling waiting in my mailbox. How does Stirling compare to some of the other brands? It’s pretty cheap, so I’m wondering if it’s loved because it’s great or because it’s a great value. I'm hoping it's the former, but realize that if it's that good I'm going to soon go crazy with a big order and no cabinet space to house it.

I use it. I have never had a problem with it. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. Easy to lather, easy to use, great slickness, great cushion, and great scent.

Personally I would put Chiseled Face above Stirling but the difference is small.
Stirling is great value and performance is good and their scent selection is vast.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I don’t have a lot of experience with many of the newer brands of shaving soaps. I’m mostly using older stuff that I bought years ago and have not run through. Here are the only soaps I’ve bought in three years:

Mitchell’s Wool Fat – Great soap. Not much scent, but what is there is pleasant. My favorite soap so far.

Sir Hare (Barbershop) – Very good. Nice scent.

Chiseled Face (Ghost Town and Sherlock) – Not a big fan of the scents and the performance was only okay.

I have some Stirling waiting in my mailbox. How does Stirling compare to some of the other brands? It’s pretty cheap, so I’m wondering if it’s loved because it’s great or because it’s a great value. I'm hoping it's the former, but realize that if it's that good I'm going to soon go crazy with a big order and no cabinet space to house it.
It is both great, and a great value, IMO. Enjoy !

I consider them great and honest soaps. They lather easy, they give you great cushion, a lot of scents to choose, slickness and residual slickness and they weight 5.8 Oz which for me is the reason for call them honest. The ratio between price and guantity is amazing. But overall i consider them great. Of course YMMV...

Stirling is a great soap, probably a couple steps above Razorock. One of those solid performers with plenty of scents to choose from and great value.

I don’t think they are necessarily top tier, but they are a good benchmark soap to weed out what is good and what isn’t from other producers.

To be honest, I don't know what top tier is. I have heard amazing things about MdC, but never tried it. However, I can say that Stirling is an excellent shave soap with noticeable sents. I will likely never let myself or my wife be out of Stirling. She particularly likes the iced pineapple (I think I have the name right) and I really love the Ozark Mountain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Great soaps, especially if you haven't really tried anything top tier.

Cost to value ratio is awesome, like said above a vast array of scents etc...you'll dig em for performance and depending on what you ordered, you'll like the scents too.

Some of their scents are too light for me and therefore don't last long enough, but other than that no complaints.

Stirling is good for the price and has lots of fans. I think you'll find it performs better than the other ones you listed. Chiseled Face is better regarded for his aftershaves than his soap

General consensus on top tier soaps is B&M, Declaration Grooming, Tallow+Steel, Wholly Kaw, Noble Otter, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. But there are a whole lot of other soaps that are perfectly functional.

If they raised the price and cut their production to only best sellers, I'm betting more peops would consider it a top tier soap. Mystique and attainability has a lot to do with that designation.

I have a lot of soaps and yea, some seem to be better than others in one respect or another but
I find that comparing soaps is like splitting hairs. I have a few Stirlings and I find them to be fine
soaps with a variety of scents, some a little artificial but a good quality soap.

Top Bottom