What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I've tried these five samples, and also just finished a full tub of Barbershop.
Out of these six, my favorites were Margaritas, Bay Rum, and Piacenza.
I am now enjoying a full tub of the Bay Rum, and I'll buy a tub of Margaritas for the summer.
I suggest you get on the Stirling website, and pick a bunch of samples that interest you.
They are all terrific soaps which lather beautifully ..... the scents are a matter of personal taste.
Have fun !
:a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:
IMG_2981.jpg

I've tried more samples than I probably need to and the ones I didn't care for were PIF'd to someone here on B&B. The ones I have settled on and am working on full tubs are MITA, Bay Rum, Spice, Barbershop, Noir, and Sandpiper. I have matching after shaves for each as well. Others I've sampled and really liked were Frozen Tundra, Piacenza, and Baker Street. I'm sure full tubs are in order for those at sometime in the near future. I also use the bath and shampoo bars daily and have bought a couple EDT's so I'd have to say I'm a Stirling guy across the board.

You probably know by now, but the scent is called Haverford, and they now have it in shaving soap, aftershave splash and post-shave balm. It is way high on my list of Stirling favorites. The vanilla really comes on strong at first, but it mellows out very nicely. With the aftershave, I can catch a whiff of the scent into the early evening. My order for EDT is on its way which should be delightful from sun up to sun down and beyond!

Favorites of mine are Executive Man, and Sharp Dressed Man, with a jar of Spice on the way. I also have Deep Blue Sea and One, but they really don’t do anything for me, and will probably be passed down the line. Baker Street is a winner also.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Just got sandpiper and its very nice. I like it. Hard to describe its familiar yet i can place it exactly. Similar to sdm?

I recently ordered Margaritas in the artic, bay rum, almond cream, and sandalwood.

Margaritas in the artic absolutely rocks. I love the scent, and the menthol adds a nice touch to the soap.
I did not like bay rum- it was my first experience with any bay rum soap, so it just may be not my thing.
Almond cream is nice, but the scent is very mild.
Haven’t tried the sandalwood yet. Maybe this weekend.

I haven't used a Stirling soap in a while, but of the 2 or 3 I've tried the one I remember enjoying most was the Bergamot Lavender. It's a nice change up from the standard lavender scents out there, but if you like lavender you will like this soap.

Love their aftershave and balms but soaps, not so much. They just don’t have the slickness for me. They’re an excellent value but I have a couple tubs I just don’t like nor use.

Does he no longer make Satsuma? I have been looking for it over the past couple of months without success.
I've only seen him release it once so far and I remember it hitting the sale page which would be an indicator that it didn't sell well. You might try a WTB in the BST. There might be someone willing to part with their's...

Love their aftershave and balms but soaps, not so much. They just don’t have the slickness for me. They’re an excellent value but I have a couple tubs I just don’t like nor use.

I’m not a fragrance guy. But I’m impressed with the performance of the Stirling shaving soaps, especially the sheep tallow soaps. They’re pretty soft, though. I tried molding a sample puck (this one beef tallow soap) into one of those plastic screw shaving stick tubes. As it turned out, the soap was too soft to hold its shape as a stick even with help from the tube.

BTW, their oatmeal shower soap is also nice but soft. As it shrinks in use, it gets squishy like Castile soap but much less so.

In a few days its going to be summer in Texas, and with my fair skin, I need to use sunscreen most days. Last year at this time, I wasn't yet wet shaving, so now I'm wondering if there is a post-shave balm that has sunscreen in it. I could just use my regular sunscreen as a balm, but I've become spoiled with the scent and feel of some of the post-shave balms I've tried. My current favorite is Stirling's Executive Man.

So, any recommendations for a post-shave balm that smells good and includes sunscreen?

Depends what SPF factor you need. L'Oréal had a nice one with SPF 15 (not sure if it's still on the market, though).
Trader Joe's also has a nice inexpensive lotion with SPF 15.

Not sure what (if anything) is available above 15.

I have fair skin also, so appreciate the issues. My approach is to use a splash, then apply a skin cream with SPF. My current favorites are CeraVe and Neutragena.

Depends what SPF factor you need. L'Oréal had a nice one with SPF 15 (not sure if it's still on the market, though).
Trader Joe's also has a nice inexpensive lotion with SPF 15.

Not sure what (if anything) is available above 15.
I don't need much above SPF 15 - my doc tells me that anything above SPF 15 is a waste of money anyway, since you should be reapplying it every hour or so when you are outside. Fortunately, I have an indoor job, so mostly I need it on weekends and the occasional day that I might be out more than usual.

Top Bottom