What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Got a few Stirling samples PIF’d to me to day. After a wonderful shave with their Bergamot Lavender soap and splash, I’m reminded of just how good their products are. I don’t know of many other artisans who offer:

-A tremendous array of well-blended scents.
-a soap base that loads easily and lathers well in all water conditions with excellent protection, slickness, and post shave.
-generous sized samples of every scent and afrershave
-a matching aftershave splash for every scent that also has tremendous skin-nourishing properties and decent longevity
-a matching balm for every scent
-a matching bath soap for every scent
-the ability to get a generous tub of soap in a solid, user friendly sized container and a matching aftershave or balm for less than $30

I also appreciate the fact that they have one soap base that they’ve perfected and they stick to it. (With the one exception of their mutton tallow soap) I can always rely on the same great performance regardless of the scent. Sure, there are soaps that may beat Stirling in an individual category (cushion, slickness, post shave, etc.), but as a total package (includeding price) they are damn hard to beat.

Agreed. I was pretty late to the Stirling party, but yeah, while they might not be "the best" at any one thing, the total package, especially when price is taken into account, is right up there with the big boys (and girls). It's just too bad that I probably don't have enough shaves left in me to make it through their huge catalogue of soaps!

Got a few Stirling samples PIF’d to me to day. After a wonderful shave with their Bergamot Lavender soap and splash, I’m reminded of just how good their products are. I don’t know of many other artisans who offer:

-A tremendous array of well-blended scents.
-a soap base that loads easily and lathers well in all water conditions with excellent protection, slickness, and post shave.
-generous sized samples of every scent and afrershave
-a matching aftershave splash for every scent that also has tremendous skin-nourishing properties and decent longevity
-a matching balm for every scent
-a matching bath soap for every scent
-the ability to get a generous tub of soap in a solid, user friendly sized container and a matching aftershave or balm for less than $30

I also appreciate the fact that they have one soap base that they’ve perfected and they stick to it. (With the one exception of their mutton tallow soap) I can always rely on the same great performance regardless of the scent. Sure, there are soaps that may beat Stirling in an individual category (cushion, slickness, post shave, etc.), but as a total package (includeding price) they are damn hard to beat.

Completely agree!

Wow! What an all-around amazing set of products and company. Easily one of the best artisans/vendors in the wet shaving world that I have ever had the pleasure of purchasing from.

I got a little added bonus in my last paycheck due to some overtime and decided to splurge on my wife, and with the leftover - myself. I knew I wanted something to do with wet shaving and already have my Rockwell 6S, so I wanted to try out some new soaps and aftershaves. I have very sensitive skin, so I began to look around for unscented soaps and came across Stirling's Naked and Smooth reviews and knew I had to get some of it. So happy I did!

Along with the soap, I decided to get some of their aftershave balms and splashes. I didn't want to commit to a full bottle of anything since it might have set lit my face up like so many other scented ones have in the past. I went ahead and ordered samples of both the splashes and balms, along with a full bottle of Unscented Glacial Balm. I ordered directly from their site, since I didn't want to go through a third party seller and wanted to give them full monetary support.

Blown away is all I can say after my first all-Stirling shave. I whipped up the creamiest, slickest, and most protective lather I have ever had with my Omega Pro 49 and their Naked and Smooth. Gobs of luxurious lather were produced from a 30 second loading and proceeded to give me one of my best shaves to date. The residual slickness was top tier and the post shave feel was out of this world. Simply amazing. I didn't know a soap this high in quality could be made and sold at such a forgiving price. I felt bad, as if I should have paid more - like I was stealing from them, lol.

After that amazing shave, I followed up with their Unscented Glacial balm that was like putting liquid silk on my skin. Non-greasy, natural ingredients, and again was easily the best aftershave balm I have ever used. Wow, was it cold! I mean really, really cold - it felt so nice in the wicked humidity we had the other day up here. I don't know how they do it, but my face has never felt so good. I also had ordered samples of their Iced Pineapple - which is probably my new favorite scent ever. I keep going into my bathroom just to sniff that splash. And their scented aftershave products do not seem to irritate my face at all. I also got samples of their Lemon and Orange Chill which are probably tied for my second favorite scent ever now. That menthol blast along with the citrus is beyond refreshing.

Not only were their products fantastic, their customer service is legendary. Hand written thank you note on my order, along with samples tossed in. Their Eucalyptus and Mint bath soap was sublime and I'll be ordering the full one now as well. They also threw in an Iced Pineapple Shampoo Bar that I can't get enough of. I had hold back from licking the lather that was cascading down my face in the shower, lol. It smells sublime. Processing and shipping my order was incredibly quick and I got my entire order in under 4 days.

My hat is off to you, Mr. and Mrs. Stirling. You have a customer for life and I'll be recommending your site/products to everyone I know that is interested in Wet Shaving. I'm still blown away from how good that shave was - absolutely amazing. Stirling will now be my go-to shave shop for all of my wet shaving software needs.

pine.png

I love the soaps. Some of the aftershaves burn a lot more than say, Masters of AV or... Is the Denatured Al a higher percentage? I've done face off's and man, i am reluctant to use the AS because it can burn so much...

I'm finally hopping aboard the Stirling hype train and I must say it has been a wonderful journey the entire way. Started off with some of their soaps which are probably the best artisan soaps I've ever tried and now working my way into the aftershave products. I am completely blown away by the results.

I started with sample packs of the splashes and witch hazel & aloe combo as well picking up some of their balms. I'm a citrus fanatic and made sure to grab their Orange Chill, Lemon Chill, and Ice Pineapple (although, pineapple technically isn't a citrus). I picked up their Orange Chill and Iced Pineapple in balm form, plus their Unscented Glacial.

The splashes are simply the best I've used, even usurping Lucky Tiger for my go-to splash. Amazing quality of ingredients with top notch scents that left my face more supple than it ever has been. I even splash some on in the mornings I don't shave. Their Orange Chill has the most natural and long lasting orange scent I've ever had the pleasure of using. I could compare it to freezing a bag of oranges and them rubbing them on your face. It is that authentic smelling. Same goes with their Iced Pineapple - it is simply mouth watering. I could seriously smell them hours after I got to work. Even had several co-workers compliment me on my new found scents.

Their balms, for me, have achieved legendary status. Again, superb ingredients with amazing scents. They absorb quickly with zero greasy residue left behind. I can't stop "facesturbating" at the moment, lol. I can't remember the last time my face felt this great after a shave. So soothed and refreshed The Unscented Glacial balm is cold - freezing cold that made my eyes water from the menthol fumes. I loved it! Wish they could sell it in a 55 Gal. drum.

Has anyone else had similar results from using these products? I could easily see myself sticking with Stirling for the rest of my wet-shaving days. Absolutely amazing all around.

stirling-soap-co-stirling-post-shave-balm-barbersh.jpg

Love their post shave products. I’ve posted such in reviews on their site. On a price/quality basis, it’s the best on the market. Heck, it’s close to the top at any price.

First of all Stirling shaving soap is excellent, about my favorite. I put my two winter favorites away for the season (Gentleman & Sandalwood) and now using Lemon Chill, Lime and Rose. I got the rose on clearance for $6 and it is excellent.

Anyway, Stirling AS splashes are very good products and I currently have the Lemon Chill, Lime, Rose (the best rose AS I have found) and Sandalwood. However, I prefer the Proraso Green and Red splashes to Stirling but not by much.

Stirling AS balms are the best I have used. My favorite is the unscented with menthol. Almost time to place a new order for more of this.

Tried the sample of Stirling’s Pharaoh’s Dreamsicle and I think I’m in love. The scent is perfect for my citrus wants and needs. I’m definitely ordering a bottle of this splash and debating whether I should get it with menthol or not.

Stirling just can’t be beat. Absolutely fantastic quality.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've never used their balms, but my wife loves their body lotion. I've been a big fan of their AS, WH, and soaps for a long time.

Anyone use this stuff (Stirling Christmas Eve)? I love it! I wish they carried it all year long but it is seasonal. I bought some out of season at Maggards. I just hope they continue making/carrying this stuff.

My basic rotation from Stirling (I have more from them) is Christmas Eve, Sandalwood and Bay Rum. I could get Bay Rum and Sandalwood from most anyone. For those who have tried Christmas Eve...what scent is this closest to in other soaps that you have used?

You might want to try Stirling’s Ozark Mountain. It is the fir scent without the berries or spice. I love Stirling’s Christmas Eve but Ozark Mountain is a great alternative.

The closest scent I can think of to Christmas Eve is a soap Wild West made called 2017, he was giving tins away with soap orders and don't think it is part of the normal lone up, but it is a wonderful seasonal scent.

Top Bottom