What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Las Vegas! I told him i'll just get them online so its easy for him!

I dont want him lugging 20 bottles of AS back like a madman so I decided on a few for now.

I have in my list now

From maggards
Fine Platinum
Clubman reserve gents gin/brandy spice
Noble Otter Barbarrr
Stirling Mountain Man

From WSP
WSP Gaelic Tweed/Matterhorn

Is this good ? Am i missing something?
Soap commander perhaps? I can actually get some from topofthechain through ground shipping but it is 3 months for shipping.

Clubman bottles are quite large, FYI. And very cheap. I like Stirling gin and tonic. Stirling would be about half the size of those Clubman reserve bottles. Stirling's Executive Man is better than Fine Platinum, in my humble opinion. Fine's American Blend is their most popular scent if you haven't tried it yet. Soap Commander's balms are excellent. If you feel like you're missing a bay rum, check out Ogallala or Captain's Choice.

IMO, anything from Fine and anything from WSP. You can't go wrong. WSP (on their site) has a buy all 7 of their standard scents in 1oz sample bottles. Nice variety and bigger than most samples.

I’m new to wet shaving and I’ve been on a Stirling sample binge for a while. The performance for me is so excellent (be sure to use enough water) and I love variety in my shave. They all have some sort of inexplicable American aspect to them as well that I can’t quite put my finger on but l love. I thought I would rank them according to my taste and describe what they are like to me. YMMV.
  1. Margaritas in the Arctic - Smells and burns sooooo good.
  2. Executive Man - Clean, fresh cologne smell.
  3. Tuscany - Smells like a fruit tree meadow. Not super masculine but smells so good. Somewhat weakly scented.
  4. Piacenza - Really nice sweet lemony citrus blend smell. Also somewhat weakly scented.
  5. Almond Cream - Smooth Creamy Almond Lather - yummy.
  6. Bay Rum - Strong scented and spicy bay rum. Very nice. Relaxing and a pick me up at the same time.
  7. Black Cherry - Smells a bit like like Cherry Cough drops, but nice to use when I want something unique.
  8. Pharaoh’s dreamsicle - Mostly orange, somewhat weakly scented, which is nice when weak orange is what I want. I tend to like light citrus vs strong.
  9. Agar - nice soapy smell.
  10. Dunshire - Nice cologne smell.
  11. Mountain Man - Nice mild cologne smell. Similar to others.
  12. Satsuma - Strong sweet orange. Have to be in the mood.
  13. Sharp-dressed Man - A bit older man smelling but nice and fresh and strong.
  14. Port au prince - Strong lemongrassy Eucalyptus like smell. Hard to describe. Very Green and fresh to me. Have to be in the mood.
  15. Vanilla sandalwood - vanilla candle smell. Just ok. Nice at night.
  16. Arkadia - stronger cologne smell but nice.
  17. Pearberry - Strong pear fruit smell. Nice for something completely different but not a go to.
  18. Barbershop - Sweet powder and sort of woody, maybe smoky too? Smells like the interior of an actual barbershop. A work of art but not my favorite to shave with.
  19. Weekend in Malibu - ocean saltwater with unidentified fruit smell.
  20. Almost Heaven - Smells like liquorice in a fruit basket. Not awesome, not terrible.
  21. Gin and Tonic - Too bitter smelling for me.
  22. Ben Franklin - A root beer float sipped through a leather straw. Yum?
  23. Sandalwood - Sort of smoky smelling sandalwood. Not my favorite.
  24. Frozen Tundra - Earthy menthol. Meh.
  25. Black Ice - Super intense black jellybean. Too much liquorice for me.
  26. Gatlinburg - Smells like a sweaty redneck that smokes. Not that I have anything against sweaty rednecks that smoke.
This is fantastic. Like you, I'm new and stumbled across Stirling...and I'm on a Stirling binge right now as well. While I like their descriptions of scents, this helps as well since it's real life description and not just a sales description. Kudos.

So my friend is coming back from the States, and he is willing to help me carry a couple bottles of AS back. I am unable to get a nice selection of AS here locally. . .
Uh, where is "here" and "locally", approximately?
You can add that to your account's "Personal Details". Even just the country name could be useful.

Love the gin and tonic and orange chill. The black ice is potent stuff, but I like it to change things up occasionally. Bay rum is good, but in general not one of my favorite scents. I have a few more too that I can't remember as I haven't tried then all yet.

I have a lot of Stirling shaving soaps and have tried samples of even more. I'm not a fan of menthol so I've learned to leave those alone. Otherwise, even the Stirling that I didn't initially care for when I opened the container to take a whiff are fine when I quiet smelling them in the container and just used them.

Gatlinburg and Black Cherry were a bit too much just out of the contain but are fine to actually shave with now.

My favorites are Sandalwood, Bay Rum, and Christmas Eve. They are all pretty good though even the bath soaps.

3308B_big.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm quite excited because Rod of Stirling Shave Co just confirmed he is going to release a line EdT's by the end of May!

Wanted to let you guys know!
This is good news. Really like Stirling products and service. Excellent!

And grateful for Rod's service to our nation, me and mine!

Just ordered a few soaps, bath and shave. I love my pumpkin spice and the performance. I used to not be able to use it because of my agua. Now, well, it's really soft, like my belly! Yay water!!

Thanks for a clear description of the scents! I’ve tried a few so far. May try a couple more based on this. I bought full tubs of MITA and Weekend in Malibu.

I have been "on the wagon" from shaving purchases for many months. I just accumulated so much stuff I had no pending needs. I'm guessing my shaving consumables can be measured in years now.

BUT.... trying new soaps is always a weakness for me so today I fired off a Stirling order of shave soap samples and matching AS samples... Electric Sheep, Gatlinburg, Glastonbury, and Ozark Mountain. Thoughts on these?

I have been "on the wagon" from shaving purchases for many months. I just accumulated so much stuff I had no pending needs. I'm guessing my shaving consumables can be measured in years now.

BUT.... trying new soaps is always a weakness for me so today I fired off a Stirling order of shave soap samples and matching AS samples... Electric Sheep, Gatlinburg, Glastonbury, and Ozark Mountain. Thoughts on these?
Electric Sheep is really special. It's one of my favorites. It has a very thick, cushiony feel to it. It feels different than his regular Tallow based soaps. I find the same to be true of his other sheep soaps.

The only one you mentioned that I have tried is Ozark Mountain. I don't let it run out. It is a great woodsy pine scent.

Sent via Tapatalk

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I posted about this before. Really like this fragrance and of course it performs like so many other Stirling soaps. Does anyone know when Rod is going to release this? He emailed me once and said tis month. He sent me a sample batch in an order once. Really like the scent of this soap.

Top Bottom