What's new

Steve is Da Man ! Jas-e Tea Does It Again

My brother has been down for the past few weeks. So we have been hanging out having fun. It ends up he is into japanese teas so we get to talking and he has never had sheng puerh or a nice oolong. Long story short we had a very nice time drinking all kinds of teas that he wanted his own set up. I got a hold of Steve aka jas-e tea. I was in need of a favor, I needed to get a set up and some more teas to me asap before he left. It was friday and he leaves thursday morning. I got it in time on tuesday. We had a night of beers and food, after that it was time to show him his new tea set. I had him brewing up everything we drank. Had lots of fun and enjoyed the tasty teas. Besides the fast shipping Steve really went above and beyond that for us to make our experience and time even better. My brother was very happy with the set and took to brewing like a natural. Now he will take the set back to california and remember the nice times we had. Steve my brother says thank you for everything. Here are a few pics of my brothers brewing action about 3:48 a.m.

My brothers new tea set is the one pictured dragon and phoenix gaiwan, cups, and pitcher !!

Steve is great, and kudos to you for hooking up your brother. Those look like some long, tall pours going into the cups-nice! A natural. It sounds like a good time was had and more to come down the road.

The next question? What kind of razor does he use!

You talked me into getting one for myself from JAS-eTea.

proxy.php

How is that dragon & phoenix gaiwan? Does the lid fit well?
Was hoping someone else with more experience would answer this first...

It's my first gaiwan, and I've only had it for two days, so I can't be sure of anything. It does seem to work well. If I'm not careful to tilt the lid a certain amount, no tea comes out at all. I'm not sure how high up it's supposed to fit. One time I filled the gaiwan almost to the top and the tea flowed above the lid once I put it on. Another time I poured hot water over the top to heat it while there was tea inside, and most flowed off and there wasn't much water on top of the lid. So it seems to be a pretty tight fit to me. Because of that, I can't yet maneuver the lid with one hand while also holding the gaiwan with that hand. Maybe with practice.

The lid fits very well and the gaiwan is also not to thin not too thick. This is about as perfect as a lid is going to fit on a gaiwan.

Top Bottom