What's new

Stirling Shave Soaps

Mine did not. You can just use a ceramic oven dish such as this one on the pic. I place the tiny puck inside and load my brush. I face lather as well after loading. Also, the pucks fit perfectly in Arko soap plastic container, so you can just reuse that one. (I use that option when on road)
1671990281804.png

1671990414947.png

Do those samples come in vessels? If not how do I use it as a face lathering rebel, please?
Stirling sells containers also... The sample pucks fit in the small tin perfectly but the smaller green tubs I have found to be better to use.

yes, but beware that the metal tins are too big for the sample pucks! I am not a fan when soap floats around while you try to load your brush. Just recycle what you already have at home.
1671999954795.png

@kosovel both @muzichead and @Darth ScandaDart are right.

What I've done and suggest is to buy the smaller green plastic jars. The soap samples are just a touch smaller, so just lightly press the soap to spread it a little and it will fill the bottom. It will look like a normal jar or soap, only a mini version.

If you're a face latherer, there's plenty of room to load from these jars.

I would like to know if anyone knows what happened
to Stirling Spice???
From what I’ve heard from another thread (I can’t remember which one) they had to discontinue it due to the cost of the fragrance oils used getting too expensive. I gather that there aren’t very many people who can make the particular spice scent that they want
can anybody suggest a Stirling soap whose scent is somewhat similar...
I haven’t tried any other spice scents from other brands but from Stirling the next best thing I’ve tried is Varen but that’s in their mutton tallow base. And lately they’ve been having some issues sourcing mutton tallow

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Sorry about that, I forgot to mention, I am not a huge bay rum fan. I tried my first foyaa into Bay Rum with PAA Boomtown Bay Rum in a Star Jelly aftershave, not a big fan of the scent. So I didn't even bother trying out Stirling's Bay Rum...

Just a quick and friendly fyi...PAA Boomtown Bay Rum is PAA's Atomic Age Bay Rum mixed with leather and gunpowder. So...it's not a straight Bay Rum scent. I wouldn't judge Bay Rum as a scent by Boomtown.

Stirling's Bay Rum is a nutmeg-heavy Bay Rum. I like it very much...one of my favorite Bay Rum scents. PAA's Atomic Age Bay Rum is also really good stuff!

Happy New Year!

I only have one Stirling soap: Baker Street. Today when I used it for the first time, I had already applied Proraso Pre Shave. The scent of the Proraso was so strong that I couldn't smell the Stirling at all. Proraso Pre Shave is pretty much the same strength and scent as Vicks Vapor Rub.
I'm glad I came across this,yes yes and yes, ever time I use the Proraso white my eyes burn and I couldn't figure out why, ( I always thought that I was a alien anyway). Vicks lol, thanks.

I'm glad I came across this,yes yes and yes, ever time I use the Proraso white my eyes burn and I couldn't figure out why, ( I always thought that I was a alien anyway). Vicks lol, thanks.

Yeah it's like somebody mixed Nivea cold cream and Vicks vapor rub and called it "Proraso White" :)

Edit: My eyes were not burning from the Proraso, not to mention the white is scentless.

Top Bottom