What's new

Stirling Shave Soaps

I only have one Stirling soap: Baker Street. Today when I used it for the first time, I had already applied Proraso Pre Shave. The scent of the Proraso was so strong that I couldn't smell the Stirling at all. Proraso Pre Shave is pretty much the same strength and scent as Vicks Vapor Rub.
The only Proraso I have now is the red (Sandalwood) and it smells fantastic. I've avoided the one that you have because I don't like anything mentholated. Menthol covers up any fragrance! I also ordered the white Proraso and hopefully like that one too.

What does the Bay Laurel smell like? Is it similar to Bay Rum? Is it a strong, medium or mild scent?
Right off the puck I smell orange and hint of clove, which might cause confusion with bay rum. It really is not a bay rum at all. Upon lathering, the more medicinal camphor scent of bay laurel comes forward. It is a lower medium scent when lathered.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Here is my Sterling Shave Soaps smaple packs I acquired. One I received today. The other I received a couple of weeks ago. Time to show them off.....

Also to show is the Arko Shave Stick. Also Old Spice Original and Lime Scent, and the Saint James of London Sample Pack.

Lots of goodies to go through over the next few months. Or years.
View attachment 1437003View attachment 1437005

It's so beautiful I could cry, tears of happiness I tell ya. 😍

I think you've gathered all the scents, and you even got the Black Cherry! Guess what DiscoMike? I got the Black Cherry too. 🍒

proxy.php

Stirling soaps are like a dream come true for me. All future soap purchases are going to be Stirling.

😍

Here is my Sterling Shave Soaps smaple packs I acquired. One I received today. The other I received a couple of weeks ago. Time to show them off.....

Also to show is the Arko Shave Stick. Also Old Spice Original and Lime Scent, and the Saint James of London Sample Pack.

Lots of goodies to go through over the next few months. Or years.
Congrats! Stirling Soap samples are the best in value and qualities...and just like you...I too have quite a few😆😆 These samples will last for a long time...Stirling products are my favorite...
20220413_200212.jpg

20220413_200310.jpg

I have very few of their soaps at present but I do have Boat Drinks...

SBD1.jpg

boat-drinks-shave-soap-stirling_540x.jpg

What's more satisfying than a tropical drink on a warm, breezy summer day cruising around the Caribbean ?
This scent is a delicious blend of Banana, Coconut, Rum, Frangipani, and Tangerine.

And a couple of others.....
hipster-shave-soap-stirling_540x.jpg
executive-man-shave-soap-stirling_540x.jpg

3127-510x505.png

And a couple of others.. The ones I have tried have been nice...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Congrats! Stirling Soap samples are the best in value and qualities...and just like you...I too have quite a few😆😆 These samples will last for a long time...Stirling products are my favorite...View attachment 1439064
View attachment 1439066

Another impressive display of Stirling soaps and aftershaves! 😍 I can tell you been collecting for awhile, and you got quite the assortment there, most impressive. You two are making me want to up my game! Now, when I saw DiscoMikes picture, his samples didn't look like they came in containers, they just looked plastic wrapped. Did your samples come in those containers, or did you purchase those to put them in. They honestly look like food containers you'd get at your local deli.

Another impressive display of Stirling soaps and aftershaves! 😍 I can tell you been collecting for awhile, and you got quite the assortment there, most impressive. You two are making me want to up my game! Now, when I saw DiscoMikes picture, his samples didn't look like they came in containers, they just looked plastic wrapped. Did your samples come in those containers, or did you purchase those to put them in. They honestly look like food containers you'd get at your local deli.
Dollar tree sells plastic containers you can use for cheap but what I like best to put a sample in are another item from dollar tree.. They come in several styles and sizes. some have a magnet on the bottom so you could attach a metal strip to wall or where ever and they would stick to the strip... the label from the samples will stick on top of the tins.. I have posted about the containers and several people have gotten them and you can see them in their SOTD post....Also they are VERY much cheaper than the containers purchased elsewhere.. Even if you order a case of them you would get 24 of the single containers which are big enough to hold a refill of stirling soap or a sample size or the smaller containers which come in a 2 pack which would hold a sample soap also (you would get 48 containers ) they would run you about 30 bucks for the case instead of 5 dollars or more for an individual container from one of the places like stirling or maggards...
tins2.jpg

tins.jpg

Congrats! Stirling Soap samples are the best in value and qualities...and just like you...I too have quite a few😆😆 These samples will last for a long time...Stirling products are my favorite...View attachment 1439064
View attachment 1439066
You've got a nice collection going on there with the Stirling Soaps and your other shave products. Way to go there! You have 19 soaps from what I count? I noticed you have some scents that I don't have -
Sandpiper, boat drinks, peach, harveford.
I was not crazy about the iced pineapple, but the orange chill you have there is a great scent. Do you have the lemon scent as well?

What does the sandpiper, harveford, and boat drinks smell like? I may give them a shot. Do you have Ozark as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks! Yup, all Stirling samples come wrapped in plastic but with a removable label. The container I found is a cheap double & connectable type. What I like is the depth and width are sufficient for brush loading. The best is all the containers can be connected and thus save me plenty of premium space....even the Colonel Conk soaps can be melted inside nicely...
20210529_140441.jpg
20210529_140536.jpg

20210529_140810.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

@Chard52142

Do you just heat up the soap to a liquid form and then pour it into the glass bowl where it will Harden as it cools down?

It really looks cool with what you have going on there.

I agree, it appears the process work a lot like WAX. You can melt wax over the stove, then poor it in a shaped container to form it, and then it cools quickly, and hardens. I assume a shaving soap would take longer to harden then wax, but process would be the same.

Gosh, I just love the stuff you guys do in this shaving hobby. This is just a really cool adventurous place to be. Its like, on this weeks episode of how its made, we show you how you can re-purpose different types of containers, to put all your shave soap samples in.

😁

You've got a nice collection going on there with the Sterling Soaps and your other shave products. Way to go there! You have 19 soaps from what I count? I noticed you have some scents that I don't have -
Sandpiper, boat drinks, peach, harveford.
I was not crazy about the iced pineapple, but the orange chill you have there is a great scent. Do you have the lemon scent as well?

What does the sandpiper, harveford, and boat drinks smell like? I may give them a shot. Do you have Ozark as well?
Hey, thanks! Due to my "addiction' for soaps...I try to not get a full tub of Stirling soaps whenever possible because I have too many, no space and using it too slow. I love Stirling for their samples and each can last me years...(similar to Catie's Bubbles)
Below are the samples I have including 2 on loan to my son, Margarita and Bergamot Lavender.

Haverford smell wonderfully of aromatic sweetish-vanilla-tobaccoist. I love it! that's why have the splash & balm
Sandpiper smell nice cologny. It's ok
Boat drinks smell like bubble gummy fresh fizzy nice. It's ok too & contemplating for the splash
Ozark smell is amazing...how to describe...hmmm, fresh-citrusy-cologny? I really want the splash...hahaha
Ice Pineapple is one of my favorites...together with the splash..wow! Perfect for my hot & humid place
Lemon Chill is just ok...not strong enough for me
Orange Chill during initial use was fantastic with the fizzy orange scent but now my full tub has lost that scent...bummer

I do plan to get more...hahaha. I am lucky a local supplier set up shop and brought in many Stirling products, especially the splash which normal I can't even buy due to shipping issues.
IMG-20220414-WA0004.jpg

@Chard52142

Do you just heat up the soap to a liquid form and then pour it into the glass bowl where it will Harden as it cools down?

It really looks cool with what you have going on there.

I agree, it appears the process work a lot like WAX. You can melt wax over the stove, then poor it in a shaped container to form it, and then it cools quickly, and hardens. I assume a shaving soap would take longer to harden then wax, but process would be the same.

Gosh, I just love the stuff you guys do in this shaving hobby. This is just a really cool adventurous place to be. Its like, on this weeks episode of how its made, we show you how you can re-purpose different types of containers, to put all your shave soap samples in.

😁
Hey, melting those soaps into the container is only for Colonel Conk soaps because it's a glycerin-based soap.
Please do not melt your Stirling samples...😅😅 Stirling samples can be pressed in the container easily...

Top Bottom