What's new

Stirling Shave Soaps

Here is my Stirling Shave Soaps smaple packs I acquired. One I received today. The other I received a couple of weeks ago. Time to show them off.....

Also to show is the Arko Shave Stick. Also Old Spice Original and Lime Scent, and the Saint James of London Sample Pack.

Lots of goodies to go through over the next few months. Or years.
20220409_124655.jpg
20220409_125113.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one Stirling soap: Baker Street. Today when I used it for the first time, I had already applied Proraso Pre Shave. The scent of the Proraso was so strong that I couldn't smell the Stirling at all. Proraso Pre Shave is pretty much the same strength and scent as Vicks Vapor Rub.

I only have one Stirling soap: Baker Street. Today when I used it for the first time, I had already applied Proraso Pre Shave. The scent of the Proraso was so strong that I couldn't smell the Stirling at all. Proraso Pre Shave is pretty much the same strength and scent as Vicks Vapor Rub.
You have the eucalyptus & menthol preshave? I don't care for the smell. But man, does it wake up your face!!!

The Proraso preshave knocked all other smells out of the house!
You really owe it to yourself to skip the preshave one morning and just lather up the Baker Street, awesome scent this one has!! I can see why Rob asked for permission from Strope Shop to keep the tradition going...

btw... I used Proraso pre-shave for about a week or so 6yrs ago and dumped it because it interfered with my lather and haven't looked back!! IMO, pre-shave in general is just a waste of time and money and all I've ever needed was to wet my face with some hot water to get me started. I am a full time face latherer...

Here is my Sterling Shave Soaps smaple packs I acquired. One I received today. The other I received a couple of weeks ago. Time to show them off.....

Also to show is the Arko Shave Stick. Also Old Spice Original and Lime Scent, and the Saint James of London Sample Pack.

Lots of goodies to go through over the next few months. Or years.
View attachment 1437003View attachment 1437005

ENJOY!! That should keep you busy for awhile!! :straight::straight::straight:

You really owe it to yourself to skip the preshave one morning and just lather up the Baker Street, awesome scent this one has!! I can see why Rob asked for permission from Strope Shop to keep the tradition going...

btw... I used Proraso pre-shave for about a week or so 6yrs ago and dumped it because it interfered with my lather and haven't looked back!! IMO, pre-shave in general is just a waste of time and money and all I've ever needed was to wet my face with some hot water to get me started. I am a full time face latherer...
Interesting you said that....

For about a year or two, I was using a saftey razor without preshave or lather. Just straight up hydration with water. But I am back in the swing of things with preshave and lather.

If you find your preshave is interfering with the lather scent, you could try an unscented preshave???

I am currently only shaving twice a week because I have to shave in the kitchen (bathroom renovations) and the preshave helps me a lot more than a hot water towel on it's own. But yeah, when I get to the point of shaving every morning then I will not need it that often and will definitely give the Baker Street a go on it's own. My 3-day whisker-face is rough enough to remove rust from angle-iron.

If you find your preshave is interfering with the lather scent, you could try an unscented preshave???
The pre-shave interfered with the lather itself, not the scent... It was basically the glycerin in it that kept the lather from getting a consistent thickness and was always too thin regardless of how little water I used.

Top Bottom