What's new

Staying warm

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I'm starting to look seriously at my basement and garage. I can stand next to the cracked open door with the cigarette mostly out for that long. But I'm starting to look at my garage as a safe pipe tobacco space for the coming Mid-Atlantic winter. Or tossing stool over where the workshop will be in the basement.

I had to look mid-Atlantic up. I figured you were in a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean half way to England. I guess us Canucks, or at least this one, refer to this as the Eastern Seaboard.

I had to look mid-Atlantic up. I figured you were in a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean half way to England. I guess us Canucks, or at least this one, refer to this as the Eastern Seaboard.
Oops! Sorry. The coastal states of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and the northern part of Virginia. Comprised of the weird middle region. To southerners, we're North. To northerners, we're South.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Oops! Sorry. The coastal states of New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and the northern part of Virginia. Comprised of the weird middle region. To southerners, we're North. To northerners, we're South.

Gotta love the weird middle. I was teasing a little. Sorry if I seemed too serious.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Once upon a time, it was a good drink of dark liquor. A good slug or two of brandy or whiskey was good against the night's chill. Now, it's basement banishment. Door cracked open with a small fan blowing out.

But that's been cigars (which Mrs. Rookie does not like) and cigarettes (which she detests). I have a sneaky suspicion that pipes may be an inside treat seeing how much she likes pipe tobacco.
Same here. My wife doesn’t mind and kind of likes the smell of pipe tobacco.

Heavy wool coat on porch until the cold weather is too much. Then inside the garage. Sometimes out at a park bench or in the woods.

My air filter set up is doing me well as temps drop. I could set up a heater on an enclosed patio but I do not want even that area to smell of smoke. I am not sitting for an hour or two smoking, if I was then the patio would make more sense.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dan:
🥶 With no local cigar lounge near by and although the winter season is 'nothing' like winters where I grew up in East Lansing, MI, the winters are very mild here so...I usually 'walk my cigar' (if I take say...a Cuban R y J Petite Corona for company), which the Mrs, and I measured in our truck to be around 1½ miles ...around the neighborhood.
proxy.php

Now, to be honest (pause...wink), Ill admit that if the Mrs. had/has a overnight stay some where (either hotel and/or with family),...I"m gonna smoke a cigar indoors (and air out the place later).
proxy.php

Walking my Cigar.png
"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it". Lucy Larcom

Last edited:
Top Bottom