What's new

Starting to shave with Feather blades again...

Congratulations!

IME, Feathers don’t forgive any lapse in technique. So my conclusion is that your technique is spot on!! :a29: :a29:

Feather gives me good shaves,but astra sp,ss,or supermax super platinum and super stainless green give me smoother and more enjoyable shave.

Looking at my shave log I have got X12 - X15 great shaves from the Feather blade. Its a Top Tier blade for sure.! The only downside is the price for me.

I just tried feather blades for the first time. They give a close shave but are a little to aggreasive for me. I'm sire my technique had a lot to do with it. I know others out there love them.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The first shave with a feather is always a bit nervy as I wait for it to bite me, the second shave is OK, but not spectacular and by the end of the third you know you need to toss it.
I prefer to throw in a Personna red or prep, a GSB, or 7 O'clock yellow and get 5 or more close comfortable shaves and let my bank account thank me the next time I order blades.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I stayed away from them for a bit. Trying out other blades. In my mild forgiving razors they work well. I find they don’t have the same life as other blades. But now since my technique has improved I find they provide a close comfortable shave. I get 2-3 uses then binned.

I find Feather inconsistent for me. I had a great shave with 4 days growth on first use. Second shave 48 hours later, same rig, same face, same everything and bitterly regretted it.

May be they’re a one and go blade for me, I don’t know. The second shave brings me out in a rash like I’m allergic or something while the first shave doesn’t.

Given up on feathers now. Won’t be buying anymore

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Feather blades have moved, solidly, into my #1 blade slot. I struggled with them for over a year but with the right soaps that agree with my skin I dont even know theres a blade in my Fatip Grande.

I only use them for one shave. They start to tug on shave two and only get worse. The last 100 I bought were $32CAD delivered. For $0.32 per blade, using them now again between using SE's, I'll buy more.

I really like them for those times when it's been a few days or more since I've seen a razor. I'll always keep a tuck or two stashed away for that occasion. But as a daily driver, they just don't have the endurance.

First experience was not so great, in Razorock Jaws. My skin was really damaged after shave.
But, in Karve plate B, oh yes, this is a solid blade. It is very sharp, and as a everyday shaver, I can perform only one pass above my chin (directly ATG). And like pass and a half under my chin. With this technique, I get BBS above my chin and DFS under. And the shave is very quick.
I have to used them again soon.
Am I going to buy 100 pack? Maybe, but it is around 34 € here, not cheap, there are many good and cheaper blades.

Feather is the only blade I use now, and the most noticeable difference, for me, between Feather and other blades, is when I use the Merkur Slant 37c or Muhle R41.
There’s no drag with the Feather, but varying degrees of drag with other blades I’ve tried with these razors, from slight, to giving me irritation.

Top Bottom