What's new

Starting out again

So I am planning on starting out again on straight razor shaving. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good intermediate blade? And a good vendor?

I wasn't just born at night; I was born last night when it comes to straight shaving. However, others might be able to give you sound advice if you let them know what you owned in the past, your preferences, and if you need accessories etc.

I just ordered from Larry at whippeddog (last night) to get a starter kit, and he has been very courteous and prompt. Others here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I think the key is making sure it is shave ready. I know you can pick up a nice blade via the classified section.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Any well honed 5/8, 11/16, 6/8 from reputable members via BST would be my recommendation. A Want To Buy explaining your situation on BST itself would bring results.

As others have said, the BST is a good option, even if it takes a while for skmething you really want to pop up. Making sure it is truly shave ready is, of course, very important, but that shouldn't be hard to do.

I don't think the work "intermediate" or "beginner" means much with straight razors. As mentioned get a blade that is 5/8" or larger that is shave ready and you're good to go.

Bummer.

You had that great bone scaled straight that was super-classy.

I guess that's why Bad, Bad Leroy Brown always carried his straight razor in his shoe.

Top Bottom