What's new

Stars and Stripes shaving brush

Hello all!
It's been quite some time since I've posted anything new and many have been curious as to what I've been up to. All I would say is that it's a secret.
Well, I'm now ready to share that secret with you all!
i-put-redbull-in-my-coffee.jpg
Sorry, couldn't resist!
This brush has been seven months in the making. A buddy of mine asked if it would be possible to make this brush for him. My only response at the time was that I'll look into it.
After a great deal of trial and error, along with many hours of lost sleep, last night the idea became a reality!
I have to be completely honest though, that on more that one occasion, I thought it wasn't going to be possible to make.
I can't wait to give this to him!
Without further ado, the pictures you've been waiting for!
The blank
20171221_194747.jpg
Shaped and sanded with 180 grit
20171221_201712.jpg
Sanded and polished
20171221_204245.jpg
Completed brush
20171221_211738.jpg
It's set with a 24mm synthetic knot and per my buddies request, the stars glow in the dark white!
I hope you all like this brush!
What a way to finish off the year!

Last edited:
@DCRIII that is one AMAZING brush!
I can only imaging the work you put into this. If you keep this up you are going to end up on “How It’s Made.”

Exceptional work my friend.

That's over the top Dave! For a hobbyist to be able to make a blank like that... just incredible. As ccpastork said, truly exceptional work.

I Thought I was your Good Buddy............
WOW, What Can Be Said ............WOW !!!!!

I’m filing out the “Good Buddy Application” as we speak. It mentions something about indentured servitude in the fine print...not sure what that means, but it’s seems reasonable.

That is awesome. Great job.
Thank you!
@DCRIII that is one AMAZING brush!
I can only imaging the work you put into this. If you keep this up you are going to end up on “How It’s Made."
Exceptional work my friend.
Thank you Kevin.
My segment on "How it's made" would be pretty short. 30 seconds of footage and 59.5 minutes of commercials. I'd briefly stat that a lot blood, sweat, language not permittable to be repeated on television, and plain dumb luck were required to make this brush.
That's over the top Dave! For a hobbyist to be able to make a blank like that... just incredible. As ccpastork said, truly exceptional work.
Thank you Jay!
OMGoodness! Incredible craftsmanship! :001_tt1:
Thank you!
I Thought I was your Good Buddy............
WOW, What Can Be Said ............WOW !!!!!
Thank you good buddy!
I’m filing out the “Good Buddy Application” as we speak. It mentions something about indentured servitude in the fine print...not sure what that means, but it’s seems reasonable.
Yeah, don't worry about the small print, I'll explain that in little more detail after your sign the paperwork!
Absolutely Fantastic, great craftsmanship. You should be very proud, your friend will be.
Thank you!
My friend is beyond excited by the way!
Amazing work! What a beautiful brush.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Thank you Zac!
Thank you!
That is a super looking brush. Now...is it doable with the Stars and Bars?
Thank you!
Theoretically yes, but my brain won't allow me to contemplate the possibility of feasibly making that right now. If you looked in my ear you'd see a sign that says "gone for the rest of the year for rest and relaxation."
I'm not worthy!:clap:
After sacrificing 12 bulls, 20 pigs, 40 sheep, 100 chickens, a badger or 3 for those who want to try it and inviting everyone on B&B over for the BBQ, you too can be worthy!
Simply incredible.
Thank you!
Dave I just made this in My mind ,,,,,,,,Now I have a Headache :crazy::eek6::crazy:
It happens! Such mental thought should be left to the superiorly insane professionals. That being said, my head hurts too!
Holy cow!!!! I bow down.
Holy I'm not! I am what I eat! Thank you, but please stand back up because the floor is filthy!

What the . . . ?
How did you . . . ?
Is it possible to . . . ?
My mind is blown. Granted I’m no brush-making expert, but still . . . that seems barely possible - and truly beautiful.

Top Bottom