What's new

Stands

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just use things that are available and not overly expensive seems to work for myself. I have a huge brush collection and lots of razors so I just improvised a little and it works well for myself. All my gear is with in 6 ft of arms reach so that's perfect it seems.
You can store brushes up or down and there is not a whole lot of difference in drying time as long as most moisture is flicked out of knot and towel dried will work well. If a brush has a placement spot it will not deform like some brushes that are crammed tightly together that produce the shape they are crammed together over time.
I like to display my brushes and razors because "out of sight is out of mind" and they are just sort of forgotten.
Razors that are spaced and have a designated spot on a rack will look better and last longer for better for resale down the road possibly, that is why razors cases where invented to protect them.
(Some old archived photo's, Guitar wall hanging brackets work well and are adjustable to different handle configurations and even old spice racks are ideal as shown.)
(L)Expanded latest version....(R)I started with a few Guitar wall hangers and as my collection grew bought more guitar hangers.
Brush dispaly of holding my brushes Aug 2022..jpg
Brush collage of new brush and razor holder..jpg

I just used some 4X4 X 6 1/4 inches long that was laying around and drilled different hole sizes for odd ball shaped razor handles(Schick injectors & Gem razors have odd size handles and shapes ). Click photo to enlarge!
20180511_075013_crop_696x894.jpg
Ron's razor collection 2022 of 41 rotation..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
I am a devotee of the Saponificio Varesino brush stand. I think it’s not expensive. It works for almost every brush, and it’s made of morta (petrified oak) so it looks and feels nice and organic. It holds the brush at a jaunty angle, which I am reliably informed is the optimal angle for drying. It has a lip to hold the brush in place. Very simple and practical and I think it’s nicer than those standard metal ones.

BC4CC334-2111-4229-9B00-FBDF89AC4B16.jpeg

After looking at all the images, I'm embarassed to post, LOL. My razor stand is a run-of-the-mill SS wire Amazon unit, and I just got a stand for my brush (same place). I chose this one because it leant itself to "field modifications" to accommodate my Trafalgar T2. The bowl is definitely not for lathering, but is perfect for soaking the brush while I shower. At $12 it seemed like a pretty low risk investment.

Attachments

• B Stand 1.jpg
    B Stand 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • B Stand 2.jpg
    B Stand 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I have a smaller universal razor/brush holder. The first on I had was tall and stood out. This one is flat black. Needed a new one so the Simpson T-2 would fit. The chrome tall brush and razor holder is in storage with everything else that’s mine. Small enough to hold what I need to. But doesn’t stand out or draw attention from guests.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
No stands here. My daily driver sits on a shelf in the medicine cabinet. Because of an addition I had to take the window out of the bathroom, so I built shelves in that space - where my brushes sit.

If I didn't use the same razor every day, and had a fine collection of razors I wanted to display, I might have some stands.

Top Bottom