What's new

St Martin Shaving Soap

Ms. Confilo has very long hair and unknown to me a SHAD (Shampoo acquisition Disorder) Last Saturday there was a mid size box from France addressed to her and inside a glass bottle of shampoo, two sample soaps and what looked like dried cottage cheese in a shaving soap bowl without lid.
All wrapped very nicely in color tissue paper.
It seems that the Ms also ordered some shaving soap for yours truly, so I can't say anything about a bottle of shampoo worth I think $38.
The soap came with a paper with French instructions that Ms Confilo translated.
It is terrific! lots of lather, cushiony and slick and whenever I used it not even a weeper or burn.
Downside: the scent is very clean but slightly medicinal and is not a tallow based soap but it doesn't need to be. IMO it gives tallow soaps a run for their money.
After using it, you let it dry in a cool dry place until you shave again. No lid, the bowl is filled with the cottage cheese looking soap above the rim and being a huge bowl there is soap for many more smooth shaves.
This soap is better than French Fries

Last edited:
...and what looked like dried cottage cheese in a shaving soap bowl without lid...No lid, the bowl is filled with the cottage cheese looking soap above the rim and being a huge bowl there is soap for many more smooth shaves.

Cool! Sounds like an exact description of Martin de Candre in the wooden bowl.

Top Bottom