What's new

Sriracha

It may be old news to some.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/sriracha-factory-shutdown_n_4181528.html

In lieu of that, I went out and got these (just in case).

$sriracha 006.JPG

I should be ok for a couple of years. Hopefully things get sorted and production of this pungent chili nectar will resume in the future. I know there are more important things to worry about, but I really enjoy this sauce.

Last edited:
Love the stuff, I go through about a bottle every 4-5 weeks. I think they will figure out a way to make the workers happy. I haven't stocked up on it, there are so many other sauces available that I could find something else to enjoy, but I do like the Sriracha. Just used some in my dinner a few minutes ago:biggrin1:

I saw that article and then a yahoo article about the maker overseas and how he came up with the name. Now Subway (or similar) is now putting out a Sriracha samiches. Now the secret seems to be out.

Sriracha's actually the name for a regional style of sauce, there are other types that aren't Rooster brand but still bare the Sriracha name. Do you guys get the different varieties over there? Here it's mainly Flying Goose brand (never seen the Rooster stuff) and it comes in extra hot, extra sour, extra garlic, with lemongrass, with galangal, with onion.. I've also found green Sriracha

$5597115007_1017c240b7_z.jpg
$imported_8853095004130.jpg

Last edited:
Sriracha's actually the name for a regional style of sauce, there are other types that aren't Rooster brand but still bare the Sriracha name. Do you guys get the different varieties over there? Here it's mainly Flying Goose brand (never seen the Rooster stuff) and it comes in extra hot, extra sour, extra garlic, with lemongrass, with galangal, with onion.. I've also found green Sriracha

View attachment 384157
View attachment 384158

You just made my month.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sriracha is good stuff, but there must be eight million hot sauces on the market.

I have Sriracha, Chipotle Tabasco, and ancho chili powder. Also a few dried tiny Chinese bird's eye peppers at . . . 50,000 Scovilles (not sure of their number)? Hotter than jalapeno/habanero but probably not into ghost pepper/scorpion pepper range. Those are more for having them on hand than actual use, as I max out at wood-fired grilled jalapenos stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in bacon. They hurt, but they're oh so good . . . and a drive to Seattle.

I used to love Sri Racha and used it on a lot of stuff... I still have it my fridge but I switched to Valencia extra hot from Guadalajara, Mexico.

It is cheaper too but lots of heat and flavor.

My favorite is Melindas but I use Sriracha alot on my scrambled eggs. Also good on frozen pizza and cottage cheese.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The darn thing is that all these things have a best use. So I, being a moderate obsessive, have five in my fridge. The Sriracha chili garlic sauce is a huge shortcut for me for chili and hot and sour soup. Nothing, so far, beats Frank's on grilled chicken. A bit of chili oil on my Singapore noodles makes the dish for me. And so on.

I'm not crazy about heat . . . just need a bit, and love it.

Love the rooster brand, Siracha, and chili paste. I've been by the new factory in Irwindale, it's huge... Takes up more than a city block. The day I drove by, I never smelled anything in the air. Maybe it's only during certain times in the production process.

Top Bottom