What's new

Sputnik

I tried one in my GC .84 today, and got a nice shave.

I am currently experimenting with all the Russian non-Gillette blades. I am getting good shaves from them all so far.

Voshkod
Rapira Platinum Lux
Papira Sweedish Super Steel

The Ladas and regular Rapira Stainless are next on the list.

They're nothing special, IMO. They do the job and that's it. Not very coarse, not very sharp.
As another member said in a different thread, ordinary. Tried them in my Merkur Slant 39c.

M

Member 113878

They look similar to the Super-Max blades to me, which are my best recent blade discovery.
Anyone concur?

They look similar to the Super-Max blades to me, which are my best recent blade discovery.
Anyone concur?
Which SuperMax blades? If you mean Super Stainless or maybe Platinum or Platinum Plus they're not too far off. They are inferior to Blue Diamond Titanium and Platinum however. The Blue Diamond Platinum are harsher but sharper and they smooth out over time.

M

Member 113878

Oups, my mistake!
I was thinking of the Perma-Sharp Super blades, sorry!

Hello. These blades are very inexpensive, are sold near the house, and are of good quality. I am pleased with them. They are sharp, smooth, and do not irritate my skin. All a pleasant shave. Sincerely, Eugene.

Attachments

• 20190302_171103.jpg
    20190302_171103.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I found them to be very similar to the Gillette Silver Blue. I recently ordered 100 for 12.95. I also noticed they are laser etched like the yellow 7 o'clocks. I've used them in a red tip and got a very nice smooth shave.

I tried one in my GC .84 today, and got a nice shave.

I am currently experimenting with all the Russian non-Gillette blades. I am getting good shaves from them all so far.

Voshkod
Rapira Platinum Lux
Papira Sweedish Super Steel

The Ladas and regular Rapira Stainless are next on the list.

The sputnik is a gillette blade.

I like them, they are one of the best blades I have tried but that is not necessarily an endorsement for other faces as most blades I like others don't and vice versa.

The sputnik is a gillette blade.

I like them, they are one of the best blades I have tried but that is not necessarily an endorsement for other faces as most blades I like others don't and vice versa.

Yes, I discovered that after I made my post. It is too bad because I like the Sputnik blade, but there are plenty of non Gillette blades that work great. I got the Sputnik in a sample pack, but I will not knowingly spend my money on Gillette products.

Top Bottom