What's new

Spring Time Aftershaves

I like Florida Water...but I use it as a body splash sometimes. I didn't know it was actually an aftershave..

May not have all face conditioning properties of some aftershaves, but if you like a little alcohol sting in your aftershaves, you'll like M & L's Florida Water.

May not have all face conditioning properties of some aftershaves, but if you like a little alcohol sting in your aftershaves, you'll like M & L's Florida Water.
I have a couple of bottles on hand right now. It's available over the counter at a few drug stores so I stock up when I see it..

art of shaving aftershave balm or lotion, both available on da bay for around $20.

DR Harris lavender art of shaving balm kai november 24 2018.jpg
art of shaving lavender simpson manchurian kai july 20 2018.jpg

Spring here in Houston means jasmine and I know one jasmine aftershave- Myrsol 1919. Like all Myrsol, it has a great face feel but it's unusually Springy. I also like Myrsol Balsamic and Floid Vig for Spring.

I've a hard time using much else other than Maol Grooming's Frankinlime lately. It's definitely worth the $20+

B&M Reserve Cool is excellent. Dr. Jon’s Lime is my favorite citrus scent and has just the right amount of menthol for warmer weather.

Most of the Captain's Choice stuff (except the now-discontinued North) I think of more as spring and summer scents. It's very mild aftershave with witch hazel and glycerin and some great scents, plus he's based out of Wheaton, IL. His bay rum is a signature and a really fine bay rum scent.

+1.

I've a hard time using much else other than Maol Grooming's Frankinlime lately. It's definitely worth the $20+
I just received some yesterday and used it this AM. I love the scent, seems to fade quickly though. I already owned Marlogue Wood and the scent strength on that is really good. Not that I need to smell for miles, but lingering for a few hours is all I am going for. Just curious if you have had a similar experience with the Maol products with different levels of lasting power.

I just received some yesterday and used it this AM. I love the scent, seems to fade quickly though. I already owned Marlogue Wood and the scent strength on that is really good. Not that I need to smell for miles, but lingering for a few hours is all I am going for. Just curious if you have had a similar experience with the Maol products with different levels of lasting power.

I have the same experience. It's not the longest last scent, but the face feel is better than pretty much any other splash I've tried, so I can deal with the short lived scent. It might be a citrus thing.

I have the same experience. It's not the longest last scent, but the face feel is better than pretty much any other splash I've tried, so I can deal with the short lived scent. It might be a citrus thing.
Good to hear. I do love these Maol splashes.. great ingredients, scents, and performance! I only need to acquire Heliopteris to complete the set. I'll need to go through at least one more in my stash before I can acquire a new one.

The sorbitol in Myrsol's lineup is skin friendly. Formula C is nice if you like something floral for spring. Agua De Limon might be even better as Summer is approaching, but it's one of my favorites all year :)

Top Bottom