What's new

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements DOC shave report

Thank you for your opinion. I appreciate it.

I truly am torn. See in a general sense I really like copper and would love to own some copper razors. I do have at least one "heavy" razor in an EJ DE89 which is stainless steel. I do like the weight of it in that the head and gravity do all the work. The copper Acension is 117 grams total weight and $111.

With that said, I like the stainless steel handle on the "Select" most. That's the one with the zamak head. I guess at the end of the day what do I really care that it's zamak. This one is 104 grams total weight and $50.

This leaves the all stainless steel and the all aluminum versions. The aluminum one is also very appealing to me because of the cool teal colored base plate. I own a Henson AL13 and have no issues at all with extremely light razors. So this version is tempting as well. This one is 33 grams total weight and $55.

The all stainless steel razor is definitely less costly than the copper and is similar in weight which means it's similar in function. The SS Acension is 99 grams total weight and $88.

So here I am, unsure on which is truly best for me. I guess I'll need to chew on this for a while.
For what it’s worth all the Ascension DOC razors are really good shavers and a great value. I had a copper. Too heavy for me. Then I got the stainless steel. LOVE the razor but not in love with the handle. It’s good but I like the select handle better than the ball handle the SS version comes with. Good news is they now sell the select handle ( a homage to the old Gillette flair tip) separately.

For what it’s worth all the Ascension DOC razors are really good shavers and a great value. I had a copper. Too heavy for me. Then I got the stainless steel. LOVE the razor but not in love with the handle. It’s good but I like the select handle better than the ball handle the SS version comes with. Good news is they now sell the select handle ( a homage to the old Gillette flair tip) separately.
So what you're saying is, I should but the stainless steel version and the Select handle separately. Nice idea. 😁

So what you're saying is, I should but the stainless steel version and the Select handle separately. Nice idea. 😁
PAA really is a good value for the money. I would also not be surprised if you couldn't get them to switch out handles for you by sending an email.😉

Top Bottom