What's new

Speick puck

I will probably know around Christmas, but who has tried the new Speick puck? How was it...as good as the
proverbial tube?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have the stick and the puck. It's really more of soap formed in a bowl. It is white and not pink like the stick and not as strong scented but very nice. It can take some work to build enough lather when the puck is dry unlike the stick. If I use it and put the lid on without letting it dry out after a couple uses it builds a really nice lather easily. It has decent cushion and is slick. I love the toned down scent and it has earned a place in my rotation. If you don't mind the stronger scent I'd get a couple of sticks and use a cheese grater into a bowl for a really easy lather. Never tried the tube I'm more of a soap guy.

Last edited:
If you're referring top the Speick Men Active soap in the bowl it's a soft soap and not as hard as the stick. Here are two of my old posts from this thread with more info:

Wow, that was fast. I ordered from Shaving.ie on the 18th and the soap arrived today.
The scent is the same as the other products in the Men Active line. To my nose they
have a nice herbal lemon peppery woodiness, if that makes sense.

I'll give this soap a go tomorrow and post some images of my results.

Here it is:

Nice package.
$speickactivesoap1.1.jpg

Ingredients printed on the bowl seal.
$speickactivesoaping.jpg

Consistency is very soft.
$speickactivesoap3.1.jpg

Side note:

It appears to be the same polypropylene bowl used for Savon Du Midi soft soaps.
Even the ingredient stickers were wrapped around the bowl the same way.
proxy.php

I had a nice three pass shave with the new Speick Men Active bowl soap today and it was great. Right away I noticed that the scent of the new bowl soap is a little bit different
when compared to the Speick Men Active shave cream, which reminded me a bit of toothpaste. The new bowl soap smells almost exactly like the Men Active aftershave splash.

I won't compare it to the Speick Men stick because they have very different ingredients, but for a vegan soap the new bowl soap lathered well and didn't collapse during the shave.
It was nice a slick and my face felt great after the shave. Topped it off with Men Active Splash and my face feels wonderful.

Here is the lather I made with the new bowl soap.
$SpeickMenActiveBowlSoap2.jpg

Last edited:
I will probably know around Christmas, but who has tried the new Speick puck? How was it...as good as theproverbial tube?

The Active scented Croap has been around for awhile now. Most people seem to recommend sticking with the sticks for performance and scent.

Top Bottom