What's new

Spanish DE's?

Here's some photos of another vintage Spanish razor, called a Bifax. I've seen some other examples of this razor online that show that many of these seem to be made of bakelite (with the exception of the cap which is metal). This one is all metal, as you can see from the photos, and has differential sides (Fuerte and Suave) as a result of reversing the plate . It reminds me of the french razor Bohin in this regard. I include some photos of this razor with a few other well known hefty razors to highlight this razor's sheer size. Haven't used it yet, so nothing to report as to how it works at this point. Hope you enjoy!

Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 1.JPG Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 2.JPG Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 3.JPG Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 4.JPG Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 5.JPG
Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 6.JPG Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 7.JPG Comparison 1.JPG Comparison 2.JPG

Attachments

• Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 6.JPG
    Bifax All Metal Fuerte:Suave Safety Razor, Spain 6.JPG
    10.7 MB · Views: 16
Here's another version of a vintage Palmera Safety Razor, with a bakelite plate. This one feels solid and hefty in the hand.

Palmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 1.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 2.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 3.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 4.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 5.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 6.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 7.JPGPalmera Bakelite Safety Razor, Spain 8.JPG

Top Bottom