What's new

SOTD Week May 4 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
8-May-15 SOTD

attachment.php
Revisor Gold 5/8 / President w/Platinum Lord (1) / Omega Barber Pole brush / Nivea Shaving Cream / Nivea Aftershave Balm​

Saturday Morning Planned Shave
Razor: Feather AC-SS
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pro touch MG (D7)
Brush: Wiborg 26mm Manchurian
Bowl: Dirty Bird Travel Scuttle
Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Lemon Lime Chill
Shave Soap: Lemon-Lime Freeze (Cryogen as base)
Aftershave: Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia​

$P1060490.jpg

Nice brush and great bowls

Thank you! :001_smile

Good Evening gents. Just a quick note, and I hope I speak for Celestino as well. You may have noticed that many of us post thank you messages, comments, and list the names of all who have placed pictures each day. It got me to thinking (I know a scary thought), that we may have been remiss in thanking ALL of you for your contribution to this forum, whether that be in photographs or the text of your daily set up.

So as the one of the new stewards, I just wanted to take this moment and THANK ALL OF YOU for your contributions each and every day. Even though we may only list those on our comments that post photos, please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your set-up and shave for the day via text posting as well. As ALL the posts make this one of the finest parts of Badger & Blade

Just thought that needed to be said.

Cheers Gents!

I completely concur with Dave's comments and would also like to thank everyone who contributes to the SOTD, be it with a printed version of their shaves or a photo. Enjoy the weekend, gentlemen! :001_smile

TGIF Gents, Hope we are all ready for a Great Weekend. Nice photos today!!!

For those I missed Yesterday:
sir_mike
alfredus

and for today:
PatrickA51
ram57 - Nice set up and gorgeous brush
Clint64
Brad58
BRuhling
UngerWoo
Cash_Stronomer - love the Vintage
eezee
MagnumQ - Beautiful
celestino - the Zen Master strikes again:thumbup1:
Bobcat
782sirbrian
PomfretSteve
shm - Soren, nice effect in the brush
stickbow46 - Welcome to SOTD
Chrisarelli
sandstone
sarimento1 - :thumbup1:
Jcan88 - Nice B/W Jeff
Noire - beautiful Shot
StuMcB
sir_mike
KW Driver
Hope you all have a tremendous Friday and a Great Weekend!!

Thank you very much!

Schick Injector E2 - Personna PTFE - Semogue 208 - Palmolive Classic - Palmolive Avalanche

Attachments

• $11244914_954998297867750_8594287559105661574_o.jpg
    $11244914_954998297867750_8594287559105661574_o.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 85

Early shave, very late post today...

First go-around with the B&M Fougere Aromatique: Top-notch scent, latherability, performance, and post-shave face-feel. I paired it with a SLAB/UK Gillette Platinum combo, and I got one of my finest shaves ever!

Have a great shave and a great day, everyone!

$SOTD 050815.jpg

B & M Fougere Aromatique | Shavemac 177 Finest | RazoRock SLAB | UK Gillette Platinum (3) | Floid Vigoroso

Saturday evening:

Razor: 38c
Blade: Red IP (1)
Cream: Denim
Brush: Penworks Finest
A/S: Old Spice
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Himalayan Singing Bowl
Doug Korn D55 #69 / Omega boar brush
Arko soap
1940s Gillette Gold Tech
Laser Ultra blade (3)
Alum
Unrefined Shea Butter
Maurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

proxy.php

SOTD 5-8-15

Razor: ATT H1 plate with MR1 handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap: Arko stick
Bowl: VDH
Brush: VDH Boar

Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry, then apply the alum block

Razor: I used the H1 again and really liking it! It is some what aggressive but also smooth and easy enough to use!

Blade: This is a very good blade and one of my main go-to's so no issues at all!

Soap: I like Arko, it never fails to give me a great lather with protection for my shave. Today was no exception on my two pass shave with some touch up as I just wet my face, then rub the stick on it and lather it up with the brush, repeat for second pass. No issues at all with it!

Comments: Shave was very good and very close, I get a DFS each time with the H1. No nicks or irritation based on the Alum block. Another great shave today!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.
Nice! I like the stick holder/dispenser. Where did you get it ?

Great photos, gentlemen! Enjoy the lovely day! :001_smile
Soren (beautiful, my friend!)

TGIF Gents, Hope we are all ready for a Great Weekend. Nice photos today!!!
shm - Soren, nice effect in the brush

Thank you very much gentlemen.

Good Evening gents. Just a quick note, and I hope I speak for Celestino as well. You may have noticed that many of us post thank you messages, comments, and list the names of all who have placed pictures each day. It got me to thinking (I know a scary thought), that we may have been remiss in thanking ALL of you for your contribution to this forum, whether that be in photographs or the text of your daily set up.

So as the one of the new stewards, I just wanted to take this moment and THANK ALL OF YOU for your contributions each and every day. Even though we may only list those on our comments that post photos, please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your set-up and shave for the day via text posting as well. As ALL the posts make this one of the finest parts of Badger & Blade

Just thought that needed to be said.

Cheers Gents!

Agree 100%.
It doesn't matter if the shave is followed by a photo - I can still get tempted :lol::001_rolle

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. I always enjoy visiting this section of the forum. It makes me happy.:laugh:
WARHAWK

+1

Saturday

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long 13071B ¤ Merkur 37C Slant + Merkur Super
Tabac soap ¤ Proraso Liquid Cream AS ¤ Floris Palm springs EDT

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Power Select
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash

PRORASO Pre- Shave Cream - white range
PRORASO Shaving Soap Bowl - Green range

Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush